Il Diverso Modo In Cui Le Piccole Imprese Misurano Il Loro Successo
[How Do Small Firms Growth?]
This paper discusses the growth of Italian SMRs. Firms, particularly localized in industrial districts, do not grow in size, but often establish formal or informal connections with other firms,in order to relocate manufacturing phases, establish commercial agreements, develop their activities in new markets. Business networking allows SMEs to expand their markets and distribution channels, to realise economies of scale and scope in products and processes, and to profit from the sale and licensing of technology-based assets.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economia e società regionale 92.4(2005): pp. 1-30|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Tattara, 2005. "Emerging Hubs in Central-Eastern Europe, Trade Blocs and Financial Co-operation," Industrial Organization 0511013, EconWPA.
- Bengt Holmstrom & John Roberts, 1998. "The Boundaries of the Firm Revisited," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 73-94, Fall.
- Yeats, Alexander J., 1998. "Just how big is global production sharing?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1871, The World Bank.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2006.
"Spatial agglomeration and business groups: New evidence from Italian industrial districts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 507-518.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2004. "Spatial agglomeration and business groups: new evidence from Italian industrial districts," ERSA conference papers ersa04p402, European Regional Science Association.
- Cainelli Giulio & Iacobucci Donato, 2005. "I gruppi d'impresa e le nuove forme organizzative del capitalismo locale italiano," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 237-256.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.