The Malaysian Capital Controls: A Success Story?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephan Haggard, 2000. "Political Economy of the Asian Financial Crisis, The," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 107.
- Edison, Hali J. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1999.
"Capital controls during financial crises: the cases of Malaysia and Thailand,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep, pages 1-36.
- Hali J. Edison & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Capital controls during financial crises: the case of Malaysia and Thailand," International Finance Discussion Papers 662, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reinhart, Carmen & Edison, Hali, 2001. "Capital controls during financial crises: The case of Malaysia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 13903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard N. Cooper, 1999. "Should Capital Controls be Banished?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(1), pages 89-142.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Peter G. Warr, 2002. "Vulnerability to a Currency Crisis: Lessons from the Asian Experience," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2007. "Multinational Enterprises in Asian Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12632, April.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Miller, Merton H., 2000. "Reflections of a retiring Keynote Speaker," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 277-283, July.
More about this item
KeywordsAsian financial crisis; Capital controls; Malaysia;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-08-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2007-08-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2007-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Zec) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .