Isolating the corporate reputational risk in environmental oil spill disasters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Dodd, Peter & Warner, Jerold B., 1983. "On corporate governance : A study of proxy contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 401-438, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3187 is not listed on IDEAS
- William F. Sharpe, 1963. "A Simplified Model for Portfolio Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 277-293, January.
- Cummins, J. David & Lewis, Christopher M. & Wei, Ran, 2006. "The market value impact of operational loss events for US banks and insurers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2605-2634, October.
- Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges & Plunus, Séverine, 2010.
"Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 224-235, January.
- Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner & Séverine Plunus, 2010. "Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142646, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Laguna, Marie-Aude, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to chemical disasters?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 192-205, March.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Post-Print halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Ball, R & Brown, P, 1968. "Empirical Evaluation Of Accounting Income Numbers," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 159-178.
- David L. Deephouse & Suzanne M. Carter, 2005. "An Examination of Differences Between Organizational Legitimacy and Organizational Reputation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 329-360, March.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Soana, Maria-Gaia & Schwizer, Paola, 2013. "The determinants of reputational risk in the banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1359-1371.
- Alexander Dyck & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2010.
"Who Blows the Whistle on Corporate Fraud?,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(6), pages 2213-2253, December.
- Dyck, Alexander & Morse, Adair & Zingales, Luigi, 2007. "Who Blows the Whistle on Corporate Fraud?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6126, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Dyck & Adair Morse & Luigi Zingales, 2007. "Who Blows the Whistle on Corporate Fraud?," NBER Working Papers 12882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Cannas, Giuseppina & Masala, Giovanni & Micocci, Marco, 2009. "Quantifying reputational effects for publicly traded financial institutions," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 27, pages 76-81.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Robert D. Klassen & Curtis P. McLaughlin, 1996. "The Impact of Environmental Management on Firm Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1199-1214, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- José M. Feria-Domínguez & Enrique Jiménez-Rodríguez & Inés Merino Fdez-Galiano, 2016. "Financial Perceptions on Oil Spill Disasters: Isolating Corporate Reputational Risk," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-15, November.
- Ding, Li & Lam, Hugo K.S. & Cheng, T.C.E. & Zhou, Honggeng, 2018. "A review of short-term event studies in operations and supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 200(C), pages 329-342.
- Truzaar Dordi & Olaf Weber, 2019. "The Impact of Divestment Announcements on the Share Price of Fossil Fuel Stocks," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, June.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Ziegler, Andreas, 2006. "Environmentally oriented energy policy and stock returns: an empirical analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-079, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Alina Sorescu & Nooshin L. Warren & Larisa Ertekin, 2017. "Event study methodology in the marketing literature: an overview," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 186-207, March.
- Chang, C-L. & Hsu, S.-H. & McAleer, M.J., 2018.
"An Event Study of Chinese Tourists to Taiwan,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
2018-003/III, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Shu-Han Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2018. "An event study of chinese tourists to Taiwan," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2018-01, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Shu-Han Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2018. "An Event Study of Chinese Tourists to Taiwan," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-003/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- AitSahlia, Farid & Yoon, Joon-Hui, 2016. "Information stages in efficient markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 84-94.
- Cañón-de-Francia, Joaquín & Garcés-Ayerbe, Concepción & Ramírez-Alesón, Marisa, 2008. "Analysis of the effectiveness of the first European Pollutant Emission Register (EPER)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 83-92, August.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Schmidt, Peter & Wagner, Marcus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2013.
"Does the stock market value the inclusion in a sustainability stock index? An event study analysis for German firms,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 497-509.
- Ulrich Oberndorfer & Marcus Wagner & Andreas Ziegler, 2011. "Does the Stock Market Value the Inclusion in a Sustainability Stock Index? An Event Study Analysis for German Firms," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201130, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Sandrine Boulerne & Jean-Philippe Lafontaine & Bruno Pecchioli, 2016. "Fukushima, quel impact sur les entreprises françaises cotées de la filière de production d'électricité d'origine nucléaire ?," Post-Print hal-01902423, HAL.
- Sturm, Philipp, 2013. "Operational and reputational risk in the European banking industry: The market reaction to operational risk events," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 191-206.
- Marco Caiffa & Vincenzo Farina & Lucrezia Fattobene, 2021. "CEO Duality: Newspapers and Stock Market Reactions," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(1), pages 1-18, January.
- S. P. Kothari & Charles Wasley, 2019. "Commemorating the 50‐Year Anniversary of Ball and Brown (1968): The Evolution of Capital Market Research over the Past 50 Years," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(5), pages 1117-1159, December.
- Giuliana Birindelli & Helen Chiappini, 2021. "Climate change policies: Good news or bad news for firms in the European Union?," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 28(2), pages 831-848, March.
- Lucrezia Fattobene & Marco Caiffa, 2016. "Sitting on the Board or Sitting on the Throne? Evidence of Boards' Overconfidence from the Italian Market," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(2), pages 235-269, July.
- Ye, Dezhu & Liu, Shasha & Kong, Dongmin, 2013. "Do efforts on energy saving enhance firm values? Evidence from China's stock market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 360-369.
- Goel, Sanjay & Cagle, Seth & Shawky, Hany, 2017. "How vulnerable are international financial markets to terrorism? An empirical study based on terrorist incidents worldwide," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 120-132.
- Beatty Timothy & Shimshack Jay P, 2010. "The Impact of Climate Change Information: New Evidence from the Stock Market," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-29, November.
- Hanabusa, Kunihiro, 2010. "Effects of foreign disasters on the petroleum industry in Japan: A financial market perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5455-5463.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv & O'Leary, Daniel E., 2011. "Event study methodologies in information systems research," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 99-115.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate Reputational Risk; abnormal returns; sevent study; oil spills;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2013-07-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-07-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-07-20 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:fiecac:13.02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dfupoes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Publicación Digital - UPO (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dfupoes.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.