Banking efficiency in the Czech Republic and Slovakia using the DEA Window Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Privatization matters: Bank efficiency in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2155-2178, August.
- Paul Wachtel & John Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," Working Papers 04-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Privatization matters : bank efficiency in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- John P. Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan & Paul Wachtel, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-679, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Staikouras, Christos & Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia, 2008. "Bank efficiency in the new European Union member states: Is there convergence?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1156-1172, December.
- H. Semih Yildirim & George Philippatos, 2007. "Efficiency of Banks: Recent Evidence from the Transition Economies of Europe, 1993-2000," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 123-143.
- Tulkens, Henry & Vanden Eeckaut, Philippe, 1995.
"Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 474-499, February.
- TULKENS, Henry & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1993. "Non-Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data : Methodological Aspects," CORE Discussion Papers 1993016, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Henry Tulkens & Philippe van den Eeckaut, 1993. "Non Parametric Efficiency, Progress and Regress Measures for Panel Data: Methodological Aspects," CESifo Working Paper Series 38, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tulkens, H. & Vanden Eeckaut, P., 1995. "Non-parametric efficiency, progress and regress measures for panel data: Methodological aspects," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1132, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zuzana Irsova & Tomas Havranek, 2011.
"Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design,"
Transition Studies Review,
Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 18(2), pages 230-270, December.
- Zuzana Irsova, 2010. "Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp998, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Zuzana Iršová, 2010. "Bank Efficiency in Transitional Countries: Sensitivity to Stochastic Frontier Design," Working Papers IES 2010/13, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2010.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Andries, Alin Marius & Cocris, Vasile, 2010. "A Comparative Analysis of the Efficiency of Romanian Banks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 54-75, December.
- George Anayiotos & Hovhannes Toroyan & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2010. "The efficiency of emerging Europe’s banking sector before and after the recent economic crisis," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 34(3), pages 247-267.
- David A Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2006.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(3), pages 497-522, September.
- David A. Grigorian & Vlad Manole, 2002. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Performance in Transition; An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," IMF Working Papers 02/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Grigorian, David A. & Manole, Vlad, 2002. "Determinants of commercial bank performance in transition - an application of data envelopment analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2850, The World Bank.
- Jati Sengupta, 1996. "Systematic measures of dynamic Farrell efficiency," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 91-94.
- Roman Matoušek & Anita Taci, 2005.
"Efficiency in Banking: Empirical Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Roman Matoušek & Anita Taci, 2004. "Efficiency in Banking: Empirical Evidence from the Czech Republic," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Piyu Yue, 1992. "Data envelopment analysis and commercial bank performance: a primer with applications to Missouri banks," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 31-45.
- Mette Asmild & Joseph Paradi & Vanita Aggarwall & Claire Schaffnit, 2004. "Combining DEA Window Analysis with the Malmquist Index Approach in a Study of the Canadian Banking Industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 67-89, January.
- Sathye, Milind, 2003. "Efficiency of banks in a developing economy: The case of India," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 662-671, August.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Sufian, Fadzlan, 2006. "The Efficiency Of Islamic Banking Industry: A Non-Parametric Analysis With Non-Discretionary Input Variable," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 14, pages 54-87.
- Fries, Steven & Taci, Anita, 2005. "Cost efficiency of banks in transition: Evidence from 289 banks in 15 post-communist countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 55-81, January.
- Jozef Baruník & Branislav Soták, 2010.
"Vplyv rôznych foriem vlastníctva na efektivitu českých a slovenských bánk: prístup analýzy stochastických hraníc
[Influence of Different Ownership Forms on Efficiency of Czech and Slovak Banks: Sto," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 207-224.
More about this item
Keywordsdata envelopment analysis; window analysis; banking sector; Czech Republic; Slovakia; commercial bank;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2015-08-13 (Banking)
- NEP-TRA-2015-08-13 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:opa:wpaper:0012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Jančar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/opfslcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.