Banking Efficiency And European Integration. Implications Of The Banking Reform In Romania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Privatization matters: Bank efficiency in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2155-2178, August.
- Paul Wachtel & John Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," Working Papers 04-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Privatization matters : bank efficiency in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- John P. Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan & Paul Wachtel, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-679, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mamatzakis, Emmanuel & Staikouras, Christos & Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia, 2008. "Bank efficiency in the new European Union member states: Is there convergence?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1156-1172, December.
- Gabriel Asaftei & Subal Kumbhakar, 2008. "Regulation and efficiency in transition: the case of Romanian banks," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 253-282, June.
- Anna Meyendorff & Anjan V. Thakor, 1997. "Romanian Financial System Reform," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 100, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2007.
"Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis using WinBUGS,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, pages 163-176.
- Jim Griffin & Mark Steel, 2005. "Bayesian Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using WinBUGS," Econometrics 0509004, EconWPA.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert, 1999.
"Why Privatize? The Case of Argentina's Public Provincial Banks,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 865-886, May.
- Clarke, George R. & Cull, Robert, 1998. "Why privatize? : the case of Argentina's public provincial banks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1972, The World Bank.
- Laurent Weill, 2003. "Banking efficiency in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 569-592, September.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 31-53, January.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Adnan Kasman & Canan Yildirim, 2006. "Cost and profit efficiencies in transition banking: the case of new EU members," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1079-1090.
- H. Semih Yildirim & George Philippatos, 2007. "Efficiency of Banks: Recent Evidence from the Transition Economies of Europe, 1993-2000," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 123-143.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mihai NITOI, 2009. "Efficiency in the Romanian Banking System: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 29(2(38)), pages 162-176, December.
- Ovidiu Stoica & Bogdan Capraru, 2007. "The effects of the competition in the romanian banking system," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 54, pages 67-72, November.
- Andries, Alin Marius & Cocris, Vasile, 2010. "A Comparative Analysis of the Efficiency of Romanian Banks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, pages 54-75.
- Pasiouras, Fotios & Tanna, Sailesh & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2009. "The impact of banking regulations on banks' cost and profit efficiency: Cross-country evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 294-302, December.
- Ngoc-Anh Vo Thi & Dev Vencappa, 2008. "Does the Entry Mode of Foreign Banks Matter for Bank Efficiency? Evidence from the Czech Republic,Hungary, and Poland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp925, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Marko Košak & Peter Zajc & Jelena Zorić, 2009. "Bank efficiency differences in the new EU member states," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 67-90, December.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
- Fries, Steven & Taci, Anita, 2005. "Cost efficiency of banks in transition: Evidence from 289 banks in 15 post-communist countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 55-81, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ijaz Ur Rehman & Muhammad Shahbaz & Phouphet Kyophilavong, 2016.
"Do Technological Development and Financial Development Promote Economic Growth: Fresh Evidence from Romania,"
International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER),
The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 4(2), pages 60-76, February.
- Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Kyophilavong, Phouphet, 2013. "Do Technological Developments and Financial Development Promote Economic Growth: Fresh Evidence from Romania," MPRA Paper 51813, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Nov 2013.
- Adela Socol & Adina Elena Danuletiu, 2013. "Analysis Of The Romanian Banks‘ Performance Through Roa, Roe And Non-Performing Loans Models," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, pages 1-24.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking efficiency; European integration; stochastic models; banking reform.;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2011:i:13:p:25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.