Austria: Public Sector Inefficiencies Have Become Less Affordable
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans Pitlik & Kristina Budimir & Norbert Gruber, 2010. "Options for Budget Consolidation on the Expenditure Side," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 211-230, July.
- Doris Prammer, 2009. "Public Sector Outsourcing: Creative Accounting or a Sustainable Improvement? – A Case Study for Austria," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 118-135.
- Douglas Sutherland & Robert W. R. Price & Isabelle Joumard & Chantal Nicq, 2007. "Performance Indicators for Public Spending Efficiency in Primary and Secondary Education," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 546, OECD Publishing.
- Gerhard Steger, 2010. "Austria's budget reform: How to create consensus for a decisive change of fiscal rules," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14.
- Teresa Curristine & Zsuzsanna Lonti & Isabelle Joumard, 2007. "Improving Public Sector Efficiency: Challenges and Opportunities," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 1-41.
- Romain Bouis & Romain Duval, 2011. "Raising Potential Growth After the Crisis: A Quantitative Assessment of the Potential Gains from Various Structural Reforms in the OECD Area and Beyond," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 835, OECD Publishing.
- Andrés Fuentes & Eckhard Wurzel & Andreas Wörgötter, 2006. "Reforming Federal Fiscal Relations in Austria," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 474, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Böheim & Heinz Handler & Margit Schratzenstaller, 2010. "Options for Revenue-based Fiscal Consolidation," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, pages 231-244.
- Frédéric Gonand & Isabelle Joumard & Robert W. R. Price, 2007. "Public Spending Efficiency: Institutional Indicators in Primary and Secondary Education," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 543, OECD Publishing.
- Vincent Koen & Paul van den Noord, 2005. "Fiscal Gimmickry in Europe: One-Off Measures and Creative Accounting," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 417, OECD Publishing.
- Orsetta Causa, 2009. "The policy determinants of hours worked across OECD countries," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2009(1), pages 1-39.
- Karl Aiginger & Hans Pitlik & Margit Schratzenstaller, 2010. "Options for the Consolidation of Public Budgets in Austria," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 184-197, July.
- Margit Schratzenstaller, 2011. "Draft Federal Budget for 2011 Takes First Steps Towards Consolidation," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 16(1), pages 35-56, March.
- Jens Arnold, 2008. "Do Tax Structures Affect Aggregate Economic Growth?: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 643, OECD Publishing.
- Nicolas Albacete & Karin Wagner, 2009. "Housing Finance of Austrian Households," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 62-92.
- Åsa Johansson & Chistopher Heady & Jens Arnold & Bert Brys & Laura Vartia, 2008. "Taxation and Economic Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 620, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rauf Gönenç & Oliver Röhn & Christian Beer & Andreas Wörgötter, 2013. "Responding to Key Well-being Challenges in Austria," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1080, OECD Publishing.
- repec:wfo:monber:y:2017:i:9:p:677-699 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAustria; Autriche; budget; budgets; consolidation; consolidation; debt; deficit; dette; déficit; federal; fiscal; fiscal; fédéral; regional; régional;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2011-11-14 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:897-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .