Options for Revenue-based Fiscal Consolidation
Measures targeted at the revenue side of the budget can contribute between € 10 and € 28 billion to the consolidation of public finances. This total amount could be reached without harming the economy via an increase of excise taxes, an enhanced taxation of wealth and the abolition of tax exemptions, which have undesired economic effects, as well as the privatisation of selected government shareholdings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Margit Schratzenstaller, 2009.
"The Tax Reform 2009-10,"
WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports),
WIFO, vol. 82(9), pages 687-702, September.
- anonymous, 2008. "2008 Survey of community banks," TEN, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Win, pages 37.
- Markus Marterbauer, 2010.
"Sluggish Cyclical Recovery. Economic Outlook for 2010 and 2011,"
Austrian Economic Quarterly,
WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 133-145, May.
- Markus Marterbauer, 2010. "Sluggish Cyclical Recovery. Economic Outlook for 2010 and 2011," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 83(4), pages 287-301, April.
- Megginson, William Leon, 2005. "The Financial Economics of Privatization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195150629, December.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2008. "Annual Survey 2007," Working Papers 19, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2009. "Size and Development of the Shadow Economy in Germany, Austria and Other oecd-Countries. Some Preliminary Findings," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(5), pages 1079-1116.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2010:i:2:p:231-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.