Beneficial Ownership and Control: A Comparative Study - Disclosure, Information and Enforcement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jackson, Howell E. & Roe, Mark J., 2009. "Public and private enforcement of securities laws: Resource-based evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 207-238, August.
- Zuaini Ishak & Christopher Napier, 2006. "Expropriation of Minority Interests and Corporate Diversification in Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 2(1), pages 85-113.
- Kraakman, Reinier & Armour, John & Davies, Paul & Enriques, Luca & Hansmann, Henry B. & Hertig, Gerard & Hopt, Klaus J. & Kanda, Hideki & Rock, Edward B., 2009. "The Anatomy of Corporate Law: A Comparative and Functional Approach," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199565849.
- Rhee, S. Ghon & Wang, Jianxin, 2009. "Foreign institutional ownership and stock market liquidity: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1312-1324, July.
- Watanabe, Mariko, 2010. "Separation of Control and Cash-Flow Rights of State Owned Listed Enterprises: Channels of Expropriation after the Discriminated Share Reform in China," IDE Discussion Papers 224, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Joseph A. McCAHERY & Erik P.M. VERMEULEN & HISATAKE Masato & SAITO Jun, 2007. "Traditional and Innovative Approaches to Legal Reform: 'The New Company Law'," Discussion papers 07033, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ding, Mingfa, 2014. "Political Connections and Stock Liquidity: Political Network, Hierarchy and Intervention," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2014/7, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Salotti, Valentina, 2020. "Anti-selective disclosure regulation and analyst forecast accuracy and usefulness," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Sin-Yu Ho & N.M. Odhiambo, 2018.
"Analysing the macroeconomic drivers of stock market development in the Philippines,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1451265-145, January.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Odhiambo, Nicholas, 2017. "Analysing the macroeconomic drivers of stock Market development in the Philippines," Working Papers 23439, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Aghanya, Daniel & Agarwal, Vineet & Poshakwale, Sunil, 2020. "Market in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), stock price informativeness and liquidity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Cumming, Douglas & Dannhauser, Robert & Johan, Sofia, 2015. "Financial market misconduct and agency conflicts: A synthesis and future directions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 150-168.
- Larry Fauver & Gilberto Loureiro, 2015. "Equity Offerings, Stock Price Crash Risk, and the Impact of Securities Regulation: International Evidence," NIPE Working Papers 14/2015, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Shabir Mohsin Hashmi & Muhammad Akram Gilal & Wing-Keung Wong, 2021. "Sustainability of Global Economic Policy and Stock Market Returns in Indonesia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-18, May.
- Chung, Hyunchul & Majerbi, Basma & Rizeanu, Sorin, 2015. "Exchange risk premia and firm characteristics," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 96-125.
- ElBannan, Mona A., 2017. "Stock market liquidity, family ownership, and capital structure choices in an emerging country," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 201-231.
- Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2010. "Foreign ownership in Vietnam stock markets - an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 29863, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2011.
- Loukil, Nadia & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2010. "Does corporate governance affect stock liquidity in the Tunisian Stock Market?," MPRA Paper 28697, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- Sensoy, Ahmet, 2017. "Firm size, ownership structure, and systematic liquidity risk: The case of an emerging market," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 62-80.
- Almaskati, Nawaf & Bird, Ron & Lu, Yue, 2020.
"Corporate governance, institutions, markets, and social factors,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Nawaf Almaskati & Ron Bird & Susanna Lu, 2019. "Corporate Governance, Institutions, Markets and Social Factors," Working Papers in Economics 19/09, University of Waikato.
- Ormazabal, Gaizka, 2018. "The Role of Stakeholders in Corporate Governance: A View from Accounting Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 12775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diyarbakirlioglu, Erkin, 2011. "Foreign equity flows and the “Size Bias”: Evidence from an emerging stock market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 485-509.
- Frederick Lindahl & Hannu Schadéwitz, 2013. "Are Legal Families Related to Financial Reporting Quality?," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 49(2), pages 242-267, June.
- Holderness, Clifford G., 2018. "Equity issuances and agency costs: The telling story of shareholder approval around the world," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(3), pages 415-439.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael J., 2012. "The nature of the foreign listing premium: A cross-country examination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2494-2511.
- Beverly Hirtle, 2020. "Banking Supervision: The Perspective from Economics," Staff Reports 952, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dan Amiram & Zahn Bozanic & James D. Cox & Quentin Dupont & Jonathan M. Karpoff & Richard Sloan, 2018. "Financial reporting fraud and other forms of misconduct: a multidisciplinary review of the literature," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 732-783, June.
More about this item
Keywordsbeneficial ownership; control-enhancing mechanisms; corporate governance; disclosure; inside blockholders; money laundering; outside blockholders; private enforcement; public enforcement; shareholders;
All these keywords.
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:dafaae:7-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/caoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/caoecfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.