Stochastic Games with a Single Controller and Incomplete Information
We study stochastic games with incomplete information on one side, where the transition is controlled by one of the players. We prove that if the informed player also controls the transition, the game has a value, whereas if the uninformed player controls the transition, the max-min value, as well as the min-max value, exist, but they may differ. We discuss extensions to the case of incomplete information on both sides.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||May 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science, Northwestern University, 580 Jacobs Center, 2001 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208-2014|
Web page: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/math/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mertens,Jean-François & Sorin,Sylvain & Zamir,Shmuel, 2015.
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107030206, November.
- Robert J. Aumann, 1995. "Repeated Games with Incomplete Information," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011476, December.
- Mertens, J.-F. & Neyman, A., .
CORE Discussion Papers RP
454, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mertens, Jean-Francois, 2002. "Stochastic games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 1809-1832 Elsevier.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Heifetz, Aviad, 2002.
Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,
in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 43, pages 1665-1686
- DE MEYER , Bernard, 1993. "Repeated Games and the Central Limit Theorem," CORE Discussion Papers 1993003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Zamir, Shmuel, 1992. "Repeated games of incomplete information: Zero-sum," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 109-154 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nwu:cmsems:1346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fran Walker)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.