Political Determinants of the Allocation of Public Expenditures: A Study of the Indian States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khemani, Stuti, 2007. "Does delegation of fiscal policy to an independent agency make a difference? Evidence from intergovernmental transfers in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 464-484, March.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009.
"Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A theoretical model and empirical evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Dasgupta, Sugato & Dhillon, Amrita & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2008. "Electoral Goals and Center-State Transfers: A Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 3376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wiji Arulampalam & Sugato Dasgupta & Amrita Dhillon & Bhaskar Dutta, 2008. "Electoral goals and center-state transfers: A Theoretical model and empirical evidence from India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-14, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- van Dalen, Hendrik P & Swank, Otto H, 1996.
"Government Spending Cycles: Ideological or Opportunistic?,"
Springer, vol. 89(1-2), pages 183-200, October.
- Hendrik Dalen & Otto Swank, 1996. "Government spending cycles: Ideological or opportunistic?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 89(1), pages 183-200, October.
- Dollery, Brian E & Worthington, Andrew C, 1996. " The Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Illusion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 261-297, September.
- Harrinvirta, Markku & Mattila, Mikko, 2001. "The Hard Business of Balancing Budgets: A Study of Public Finances in Seventeen OECD Countries," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 497-521, July.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:72:y:1978:i:04:p:1243-1261_15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khemani, Stuti, 2004. "Political cycles in a developing economy: effect of elections in the Indian States," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 125-154, February.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:71:y:1977:i:04:p:1384-1405_26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Padovano, Fabio & Venturi, Larissa, 2001. "Wars of Attrition in Italian Government Coalitions and Fiscal Performance: 1948-1994," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(1-2), pages 15-54, October.
- Alesina, Alberto & Wacziarg, Romain, 1998. "Openness, country size and government," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 305-321, September.
- Roberto Ricciuti, 2004. "Political Fragmentation and Fiscal Outcomes," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 118(3_4), pages 365-388, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samir Ul Hassan & Biswhambhara Mishra, 2017. "Economic and Political determinants of government expenditure in the state of Jammu and Kashmir (India): A multivariate co-integration analysis," 2017 Papers pha1196, Job Market Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical determinants ; Expenditure ; Political parties ; Interest groups ; Indian states;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2012-04-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2012-04-03 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:npf:wpaper:12/101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (S.Siva Chidambaram) or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://www.nipfp.org.in .