Report NEP-POL-2012-04-03This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Shuyun May Li & Solmaz Moslehi & Siew Ling Yew, 2012. "Public-Private Mix of Health Expenditure: A Political Economy Approach and A Quantitative Exercise," Monash Economics Working Papers 11-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Dash, Bharatee Bhusana & Raja, Angara V., 2012. "Political Determinants of the Allocation of Public Expenditures: A Study of the Indian States," Working Papers 12/101, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Marina Agranov & Jacob K. Goeree & Julian Romero & Leeat Yariv, 2012. "What makes voters turn out: the effects of polls and beliefs," ECON - Working Papers 067, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Rodrigo Martins & Francisco José Veiga, 2012. "Turnout and the Modeling of Economic Conditions: Evidence from Portuguese Elections," GEMF Working Papers 2012-05, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Martorana, Marco Ferdinando, 2011. "Voting Behaviour in a dynamic perspective: a survey," MPRA Paper 37592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sutter, Camille, 2011. "State legitimacy and famines in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37621, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geys, Benny, 2012. "Success and failure in electoral competition: Selective issue emphasis under incomplete issue ownership," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2012-102, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2011. "Does democracy reduce corruption?," CMI Working Papers 4, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Marco Antonielli & Lapo Filistrucchi, 2012. "Collusion and the Political Differentiation of Newspapers," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_07.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Shinji Takagi & Kenichi Hirose & Issei Kozuru, 2012. "The Political Economy Of Foreign Exchange Market Intervention," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 12-04, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Felix Bierbrauer & Martin Hellwig, 2011. "Mechanism Design and Voting for Public-Good Provision," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2011_31, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Philipp Doerrenberg & Denvil Duncan & Clemens Fuest & Andreas Peichl, 2012. "Nice guys finish last: are people with higher tax morale taxed more heavily?," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 03-02, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.