Does democracy reduce corruption?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1999.
"The Quality of Government,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 222-279, April.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, "undated". "The Quality of Government," Working Paper 19452, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Government," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1847, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Goverment," NBER Working Papers 6727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunetti, Aymo & Weder, Beatrice, 2003. "A free press is bad news for corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1801-1824, August.
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010.
"Democracy, Property Rights, Income Equalilty, and Corruption,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
262, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010. "Democracy, Property Rights, Income Equality, and Corruption," CREMA Working Paper Series 2010-23, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2011. "Democracy, Property Rights, Income Equality, and Corruption," Working Papers 2011.08, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Mehmet Bac, 2001.
"Corruption, Connections and Transparency: Does a Better Screen Imply a Better Scene?,"
Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 87-96, April.
- Bac, Mehmet, 2001. "Corruption, Connections and Transparency: Does a Better Screen Imply a Better Scene?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(1-2), pages 87-96, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Roy, Sanjukta, 2016. "The interactive impact of press freedom and media reach on corruption," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 227-236.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig & Vincent Somville, 2014. "Devolutionary delusions? The effect of decentralization on corruption," CMI Working Papers 10, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Gregmar Galinato, "undated". "The Challenge of Addressing Consumption Pollutants with Fiscal Policy," Working Papers 2014-1, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
More about this item
KeywordsDemocracy; corruption; conflict; endogeneity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2012-04-03 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2012-04-03 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-04-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2011-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .