The Effects of the Tripartite Free Trade Area: Towards a New Economic Geography in Southern, Eastern and Northern Africa?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Barry, 1996.
"Peripherality in Economic Geography and Modern Growth Theory: Evidence from Ireland's Adjustment to Free Trade,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 345-365, May.
- Frank Barry, 1994. "Peripherality in economic geography and modern growth theory : evidence from Ireland's adjustment to free trade," Working Papers 199413, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Romain Wacziarg & Karen Horn Welch, 2008.
"Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 187-231, June.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Welch, Karen Horn, 2003. "Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence," Research Papers 1826, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Romain Wacziarg & Karen Horn Welch, 2003. "Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2013. "General Equilibrium Assessment of the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite FTA," MPRA Paper 51501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burfisher,Mary E., 2011. "Introduction to Computable General Equilibrium Models," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521139779, December.
- De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph, 1999. "Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 453-470, March.
- Burfisher,Mary E., 2011. "Introduction to Computable General Equilibrium Models," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766968, December.
- Mr. Jean-Jacques Hallaert, 2007. "Can Regional Integration Accelerate Development in Africa? CGE Model Simulations of the Impact of the SADC FTA on the Republic of Madagascar," IMF Working Papers 2007/066, International Monetary Fund.
- Ernesto Valenzuela & Kym Anderson & Thomas Hertel, 2008.
"Impacts of trade reform: sensitivity of model results to key assumptions,"
International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 395-420, February.
- Ernesto Valenzuela & Kym Anderson & Thomas Hertel, 2007. "Impacts of Trade Reform: Sensitivity of Model Results to Key Assumptions," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2007-09, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Dignan, Tony, 1995. "Regional Disparities and Regional Policy in the European Union," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 64-95, Summer.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ozana Nadoveza & Marija Penava, 2016. "Building Computable General Equilibrium Model Of Croatia," EFZG Working Papers Series 1605, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & M. Carmen Lima & Ferran Sancho, 2013. "Are There Key Sectors? An Appraisal Using Applied General Equilibrium," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2,3), pages 111-129, Winter.
- Widodo, Tri & Fitrady, Ardyanto & Alim Rosyadi, Saiful & Erdyas Bimanatya, Traheka, 2018. "A Long-Run Estimation of Natural Gas Demand in Indonesian Manufacturing Sector: Computable General Equilibrium Model Approach," MPRA Paper 86887, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cai, Yiyong & Newth, David & Finnigan, John & Gunasekera, Don, 2015. "A hybrid energy-economy model for global integrated assessment of climate change, carbon mitigation and energy transformation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 381-395.
- Fiorini, Matteo; Lebrand, Mathilde, 2016.
"The Political Economy of Services Trade Agreements,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2016/05, European University Institute.
- Matteo Fiorini & Mathilde Lebrand, 2016. "The Political Economy of Services Trade Agreements," CESifo Working Paper Series 5927, CESifo.
- Lisenkova, Katerina & Mérette, Marcel & Wright, Robert, 2013. "Population ageing and the labour market: Modelling size and age-specific effects," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 981-989.
- Tianren Yang, 2020. "Understanding commuting patterns and changes: Counterfactual analysis in a planning support framework," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 47(8), pages 1440-1455, October.
- Manuel Alejandro Cardenete & Ferran Sancho, 2012.
"The Role Of Supply Constraints In Multiplier Analysis,"
Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 21-34, June.
- Manuel Alejandro Cardenete & Ferran Sancho, 2010. "The Role of Supply Constraints in Multiplier Analysis," Working Papers 432, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- M. Alejandro Cardenete & Ferran Sancho, 2010. "The Role of Supply Constraints in Multiplier Analysis," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 805.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Zhou, Jing & Latorre, María C., 2014. "How FDI influences the triangular trade pattern among China, East Asia and the U.S.? A CGE analysis of the sector of Electronics in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(S1), pages 77-88.
- J. Edward Taylor & Karen Thome, "undated".
"A Methodology for Local Economy-wide Impact Evaluation (LEWIE) of Cash Transfers,"
183, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- J. Edward Taylor, "undated". "A Methodology for Local Economy-Wide Impact Evaluation (LEWIE) of Cash Transfers," Working Papers 99, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Mario A. Fernandez & Adam J. Daigneault, 2018. "Money Does Grow On Trees: Impacts Of The Paris Agreement On The New Zealand Economy," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(03), pages 1-23, August.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2015.
"Alternative strategies to reduce public deficits: Taxes vs. spending,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 18, pages 45-70, May.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2015. "Alternative Strategies to Reduce Public Deficits: Taxes vs. Spending," Journal of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 45-70, May.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Antonio G. Gómez-Plana, 2013. "Alternative strategies to reduce public deficits: Taxes vs. spending," Working Papers 13-02, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Ramón E. Key-Hernández & Claudina Villarroel, 2014. "Domestic impact of production cuts in OPEC countries: The cases of Nigeria and Venezuela," EcoMod2014 7007, EcoMod.
- Orlov, Anton, 2015. "An assessment of optimal gas pricing in Russia: A CGE approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 492-506.
- Leone Walters & Heinrich R. Bohlmann & Matthew W. Clance, 2016.
"The Impact of the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite Free Trade Agreement on the South African Economy,"
201669, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- L. Walters & H.R. Bohlmann & M.W. Clance, 2016. "The Impact of the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite Free Trade Agreement on the South African Economy," Working Papers 635, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Héctor Fernando Villatoro Flores & Takaaki Furubayashi & Toshihiko Nakata, 2016. "Analysis of Trade-offs Between First-generation Biofuels and Food Production for Japan Using CGE Modelling," International Journal of Economic Policy Studies, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Gustavo Adolfo Hernández-Diaz, 2020. "Public Policy Evaluation and Applied General Equilibrium," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 93, pages 101-126, Julio-Dic.
- Chiedza L. Muchopa, 2021. "Economic Impact of Tariff Rate Quotas and Underfilling: The Case of Canned Fruit Exports from South Africa to the EU," Economies, MDPI, vol. 9(4), pages 1-17, October.
- José Luis Viveros Añorve, 2015. "Towards a more effective poverty reduction in Mexico: a general equilibrium assessment," International Journal of Economic Sciences, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 75-107, March.
- Zewdie Habte Shikur, 2020. "Agricultural policies, agricultural production and rural households’ welfare in Ethiopia," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-21, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTripartite free trade area; EAC; COMESA; SADC;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2015-10-04 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2015-10-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CMP-2015-10-04 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2015-10-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2015-10-04 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:not:notcre:15/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cenotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Hilary Hughes (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cenotuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.