Cooperative Organizations as an Engine of Equitable Rural Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Altman, Morris, 2014. "Cooperative organizations as an engine of equitable rural economic development," Working Paper Series 3625, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof & Janet L. Yellen, 1990. "The Fair Wage-Effort Hypothesis and Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 255-283.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:55:y:1961:i:04:p:831-842_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chris Doucouliagos, 1995. "Worker Participation and Productivity in Labor-Managed and Participatory Capitalist Firms: A Meta-Analysis," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 49(1), pages 58-77, October.
- Sexton, Richard J. & Iskow, Julie, 1993. "What Do We Know About the Economic Efficiency of Cooperatives: An Evaluative Survey," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 0, pages 1-13.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Morris Altman, 2009. "A Behavioral-Institutional Model of Endogenous Growth and Induced Technical Change," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 685-714.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1981. "The Modern Corporation: Origins, Evolution, Attributes," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1537-1568, December.
- Bonin, John P & Jones, Derek C & Putterman, Louis, 1993. "Theoretical and Empirical Studies of Producer Cooperatives: Will Ever the Twain Meet?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1290-1320, September.
- McCain, Roger A., 2008. "Cooperative games and cooperative organizations," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2155-2167, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renaud Metereau, 2015. "Get inspired by the global South : peasant-led ecodevelopment strategies in Nicaragua," Post-Print halshs-01162826, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCooperation; Cooperatives; Economics of scale and scope; Fairness; Transaction costs; Cooperative principles; Xefficiency; Dynamic efficiency; Income equality;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- J8 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- M5 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-08-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-08-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2015-08-25 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbz:nbsuon:2015_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vicki Picasso). General contact details of provider: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.