The Magnitude and Nature of Risk Selection in Employer-Sponsored Health Plans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Daniel Polsky & Sean Nicholson, 2004. "Why Are Managed Care Plans Less Expensive: Risk Selection, Utilization, or Reimbursement?," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(1), pages 21-40.
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1998.
"Adverse Selection in Health Insurance,"
NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1, pages 1-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2006. "Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance â€“ the Case of France," CESifo Working Paper Series 1683, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2006.
"Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance - the Case of France,"
2006_1, York University, Department of Economics.
- Mario JAMETTI & Thomas VON UNGERN-STERNBERG, 2006. "Risk Selection in Natural Disaster Insurance -The Case of France," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 06.02, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Mario Jametti & Thomas von Ungern-Sternberg, 2010. "Risk Selection in Natural-Disaster Insurance," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 344-364, June.
- Shmueli, Amir, 2011. "Switching sickness funds in Israel: Adverse selection or risk selection? Some insights from the analysis of the relative costs of switchers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 247-254.
- Grönqvist, Erik, 2004. "Information Updating and Insurance Dropout: Evidence from Dental Insurance," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 576, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lu Ji & Fei Liu, 2007. "HMO versus non-HMO private managed care plans: an investigation on pre-switch consumption," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 67-80, February.
- Jacob Glazer & Thomas G. McGuire, 2006. "Contending with Risk Selection in Health Insurance Markets in Germany," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 75-91, May.
- Martina Grunow & Robert Nuscheler, 2014.
"Public And Private Health Insurance In Germany: The Ignored Risk Selection Problem,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 670-687, June.
- Martina Grunow & Robert Nuscheler, 2010. "Public and Private Health Insurance in Germany: The Ignored Risk Selection Problem," Working Papers 093, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Martina Grunow & Robert Nuscheler, 2010. "Public and Private Health Insurance in Germany: The Ignored Risk Selection Problem," Discussion Paper Series 312, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Jason Shafrin, 2010. "Operating on commission: analyzing how physician financial incentives affect surgery rates," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 562-580.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .