Who Bears the Growing Cost of Science at Universities?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2002. "Studying Ourselves: The Academic Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 8965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Courty, Pascal & Sim, John, 2012.
"What is the cost of retaining and attracting exceptional talents? Evidence from the Canada Research Chair program,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8966, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pascal Courty & John Sim, 2012. "What is the cost of retaining and attracting exceptional talents? Evidence from the Canada Research Chair program," Working Papers 1294, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Rosenbloom, Joshua L. & Ginther, Donna K., 2017.
"Show me the Money: Federal R&D Support for Academic Chemistry, 1990–2009,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1454-1464.
- Joshua L. Rosenbloom & Donna K. Ginther, 2017. "Show me the Money: Federal R&D Support for Academic Chemistry, 1990-2009," NBER Working Papers 23555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Johnson & Sarah Turner, 2009. "Faculty without Students: Resource Allocation in Higher Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- James D. Adams, 2009. "Is the U.S. Losing Its Preeminence in Higher Education?," NBER Working Papers 15233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grant C. Black & Paula E. Stephan, 2010. "The Economics of University Science and the Role of Foreign Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars," NBER Chapters,in: American Universities in a Global Market, pages 129-161 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dahlia K. Remler & Elda Pema, 2009. "Why do Institutions of Higher Education Reward Research While Selling Education?," NBER Working Papers 14974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Foltz & Bradford Barham & Jean-Paul Chavas & Kwansoo Kim, 2012.
"Efficiency and technological change at US research universities,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 171-186, April.
- Folts, Jeremy & Barham, Bradford L. & Chavas, Jean-Paul & Kim, Kwansoo, 2005. "Efficiency and Technological Change at U.S. Research Universities," Staff Paper Series 486, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Jennifer Clark, 2010. "Coordinating a conscious geography: the role of research centers in multi-scalar innovation policy and economic development in the US and Canada," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 460-474, October.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2005. "Involving Undergraduates in Research To Encourage Them To Undertake Ph.D. Study in Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 184-188, May.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .