Why Did the Tariff-Growth Correlation Reverse After 1950?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2002. "Did Import Substitution Promote Growth in the Late Nineteenth Century?," NBER Working Papers 8751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1984. "Trade policies in developing countries," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 519-569 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Bridgman, 2008.
"Energy Prices and the Expansion of World Trade,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 904-916, October.
- Benjamin Bridgman, 2003. "Energy Prices and the Expansion of World Trade," Departmental Working Papers 2003-014, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Benjamin Bridgman, 2008. "Data files for "Energy Prices and the Expansion of World Trade"," Technical Appendices 06-199, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Christiansen, Lone & Schindler, Martin & Tressel, Thierry, 2013. "Growth and structural reforms: A new assessment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 347-356.
- Stéphane BECUWE (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Bertrand BLANCHETON (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113, 2011. "Tariff growth paradox between 1850 and 1913: a critical survey (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-24, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2013.
"Democracy and Reforms: Evidence from a New Dataset,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 179-204, October.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra, 2010. "Democracy and Reforms; Evidence from a New Dataset," IMF Working Papers 10/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2012. "Democracy and Reforms: Evidence from a New Dataset," NBER Working Papers 18117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2011. "Democracy and Reforms: Evidence from a New Dataset," CARF F-Series CARF-F-247, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Rauch, James E., 2010. "Development through synergistic reforms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 153-161, November.
- Anderson, Kym & Brückner, Markus, 2011.
"Price Distortions and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8530, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Price Distortions and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-32, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- David Hummels, 2007. "Transportation Costs and International Trade in the Second Era of Globalization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 131-154, Summer.
- Michael Hinton & Thomas Barbiero, 2012. "Is Protection Good or Bad for Growth? Lessons from Canada's Cotton Textile Mills," Working Papers 036, Ryerson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2012.
- repec:taf:rehdxx:v:32:y:2017:i:1:p:71-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lucas Pedreira do Couto Ferraz & Eduardo Haddad, 2008. "On the effects of scale economies and import barriers on Brazilian trade performance and growth: an interstate CGE analysis," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807201837170, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-09-21 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.