Is Protection Good or Bad for Growth? Lessons from Canada's Cotton Textile Mills
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (416) 979-5092
Fax: (415) 979-5273
Web page: http://www.ryerson.ca/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael A. Clemens & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "Why Did the Tariff-Growth Correlation Reverse After 1950?," NBER Working Papers 9181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Inwood, K., 1991. "Maritime Industrialization from 1870 to 1910 ; A Review of the Evidence and Its Interpretation," Working Papers 1991-19, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Easton, Stephen T. & Gibson, William A. & Reed, Clyde G., 1988. "Tariffs and growth: The dales hypothesis," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 147-163, April.
- Huberman, Michael, 1990. "Vertical Disintegration in Lancashire: A Comment on Temin," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 683-690, September.
- Bils, Mark, 1984. "Tariff Protection and Production in the Early U.S. Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 1033-1045, December.
- Morris Altman, 1987. "A Revision of Canadian Economic Growth: 1870-1910 (A Challenge to the Gradualist Interpretation)," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 86-113, February.
- Tim Leunig, 2001. "Britannia ruled the waves," Economic History Working Papers 536, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Eugene Beaulieu & Jevan Cherniwchan, 2014. "Tariff Structure, Trade Expansion, and Canadian Protectionism, 1870-1910," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 47(1), pages 144-172, February.
- Federico, G. & O'Rourke, K.H., 1999. "Much Ado About Nothing? Italian Trade Policy in the late 19th Century," Papers 99/18, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rye:wpaper:wp036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurice Roche)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.