Is Protection Good or Bad for Growth? Lessons from Canada's Cotton Textile Mills
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3|
Phone: (416) 979-5092
Fax: (415) 979-5273
Web page: http://www.ryerson.ca/economics/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Inwood, K., 1991. "Maritime Industrialization from 1870 to 1910 ; A Review of the Evidence and Its Interpretation," Working Papers 1991-19, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Eugene Beaulieu & Jevan Cherniwchan, 2014. "Tariff Structure, Trade Expansion, and Canadian Protectionism, 1870-1910," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 47(1), pages 144-172, February.
- Michael A. Clemens & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2002. "Why Did the Tariff-Growth Correlation Reverse After 1950?," NBER Working Papers 9181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huberman, Michael, 1990. "Vertical Disintegration in Lancashire: A Comment on Temin," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 683-690, September.
- Federico, G. & O'Rourke, K.H., 1999. "Much Ado About Nothing? Italian Trade Policy in the late 19th Century," Papers 99/18, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Morris Altman, 1987. "A Revision of Canadian Economic Growth: 1870-1910 (A Challenge to the Gradualist Interpretation)," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 86-113, February.
- Easton, Stephen T. & Gibson, William A. & Reed, Clyde G., 1988. "Tariffs and growth: The dales hypothesis," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 147-163, April.
- Leunig, Tim, 2001. "Britannia ruled the waves," Economic History Working Papers 536, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Bils, Mark, 1984. "Tariff Protection and Production in the Early U.S. Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 1033-1045, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rye:wpaper:wp036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurice Roche)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.