The Antebellum Tariff on Cotton Textiles Revisited
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Temin, Peter, 2001. "The Antebellum Tariff On Cotton Textiles Revisited," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 777-798, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harley, C. Knick, 1992. "International Competitiveness of the Antebellum American Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 559-584, September.
- Temin, Peter, 1988. "Product Quality and Vertical Integration in the Early Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(04), pages 891-907, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tena-Junguito, Antonio & Lampe, Markus & Fernandes, Felipe Tâmega, 2012.
"How Much Trade Liberalization Was There in the World Before and After Cobden-Chevalier?,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(03), pages 708-740, September.
- Lampe, Markus & Tena Junguito, Antonio & Tâmega, Felipe, 2012. "How much trade liberalization was there in the world before and after Cobden-Chevalier?," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp12-02, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Stephen Meardon, 2007.
"Postbellum Protection and Commissioner Wells's Conversion to Free Trade,"
History of Political Economy,
Duke University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 571-604, Winter.
- Stephen Meardon, 2005. "Postbellum Protection and Commissioner Wells's Conversion to Free Trade," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0512001, EconWPA.
- Réka Juhász, 2014. "Temporary Protection and Technology Adoption: Evidence from the Napoleonic Blockade," CEP Discussion Papers dp1322, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Davis, Joseph H. & Irwin, Douglas A., 2008.
"The antebellum U.S. iron industry: Domestic production and foreign competition,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 254-269, July.
- Joseph H. Davis & Douglas A. Irwin, 2007. "The Antebellum U.S. Iron Industry: Domestic Production and Foreign Competition," NBER Working Papers 13451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Robert C., 2014.
"American Exceptionalism as a Problem in Global History,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(02), pages 309-350, June.
- Robert Allen, 2013. "American Exceptionalism as a Problem in Global History," Economics Series Working Papers 689, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Joseph H. Davis, 2003. "Trade Disruptions and America's Early Industrialization," NBER Working Papers 9944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juhász, Réka, 2014. "Temporary protection and technology adoption: evidence from the Napoleonic blockade," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60697, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saito, Tetsuya, 2006. "Shipping the Good Apples Out: Alchian-Allen Theorem of Various Qualities," MPRA Paper 883, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Nov 2006.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:30:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carter, Colin A. & Chalfant, James A. & Yavapolkul, Navin & Carroll, Christine L., 2016. "International commodity trade, transport costs, and product differentiation," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 65-76.
- Saito, Tetsuya, 2007. "Shipping the Good Apples Out: Another Proof with A Graphical Representation," MPRA Paper 1297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:oup:ereveh:v:22:y:2018:i:1:p:53-72. is not listed on IDEAS
- Harris, Richard & Keay, Ian & Lewis, Frank, 2015. "Protecting infant industries: Canadian manufacturing and the national policy, 1870–1913," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 15-31.
More about this item
- N71 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-08-07 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .