Postbellum Protection and Commissioner Wells's Conversion to Free Trade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen Meardon, 2007. "Postbellum Protection and Commissioner Wells's Conversion to Free Trade," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 571-604, Winter.
References listed on IDEAS
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Temin, Peter, 2001.
"The Antebellum Tariff On Cotton Textiles Revisited,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 777-798, September.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Peter Temin, 2000. "The Antebellum Tariff on Cotton Textiles Revisited," NBER Working Papers 7825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:jechis:v:61:y:2002:i:03:p:777-798_03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Perelman, 1995. "Retrospectives: Schumpeter, David Wells, and Creative Destruction," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 189-197, Summer.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 1989. "Political Economy And Peel'S Repeal Of The Corn Laws," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 41-59, March.
- Stephen Meardon, 2005. "How TRIPs Got Legs: Copyright, Trade Policy, and the Role of Government in Nineteenth-Century American Economic Thought," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 37(5), pages 145-174, Supplemen.
More about this item
KeywordsWells; David Ames; Atkinson; Edward; free trade; revenue commission; effective protection; net protection;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- N71 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2005-12-14 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-INT-2005-12-14 (International Trade)
- NEP-POL-2005-12-14 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmh:0512001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.