Optimal Cleanup and Liability After Environmentally Harmful Discharges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohen, Mark A, 1987. "Optimal Enforcement Strategy to Prevent Oil Spills: An Application of a Principal-Agent Model with Moral Hazard," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 23-51, April.
- Cohen, Mark A., 1986. "The costs and benefits of oil spill prevention and enforcement," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 167-188, June.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1989. "Risk and incentives in the financing of hazardous waste cleanup," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Polinsky, A Mitchell, 1980. "Strict Liability vs. Negligence in a Market Setting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 363-367, May.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1990. "Liability for groundwater contamination from pesticides," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 227-243, November.
- Burrows, Paul & Rowley, Charles & Owen, David, 1974. "The economics of accidental oil pollution by tankers in coastal waters," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 251-268, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James BARRETT & Kathleen SEGERSON, "undated".
"Prevention And Treatment In Food Safety: An Analysis Of Conceptual Issues,"
Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project
9521, University of Massachusetts.
- Barrett, James P. & Segerson, Kathleen, 1995. "Prevention And Treatment In Food Safety: An Analysis Of Conceptual Issues," Proceedings: The Economics of Reducing Health Risk from Food, June 6-7, 1995, Washington, D.C. 25956, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Y. Farzin & Jonathan Kaplan, 2004.
"Nonpoint Source Pollution Control under Incomplete and Costly Information,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(4), pages 489-506, August.
- Y.H. Farzin & J.D. Kaplan, 1999. "Nonpoint Source Pollution Control Under Incomplete and Costly Information," Working Papers 1999.32, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Friehe, Tim & Langlais, Eric, 2017.
"Prevention and cleanup of dynamic harm under environmental liability,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 107-120.
- Tim Friehe & Eric Langlais, 2016. "Prevention and Cleanup of Dynamic Harm Under Environmental Liability," Post-Print hal-01411822, HAL.
- Tim Friehe & Eric Langlais, 2017. "Prevention and Cleanup of Dynamic Harm Under Environmental Liability," Post-Print hal-01549786, HAL.
- Erik Lichtenberg & Tony M. Penn, 2003.
"Prevention versus Treatment under Precautionary Regulation: A Case Study of Groundwater Contamination under Uncertainty,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 44-58.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Penn, Tony M., 2001. "Prevention Versus Treatment Under Precautionary Regulation: A Case Study Of Groundwater Contamination Under Uncertainty," Working Papers 28584, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .