Hospital Costs and the Cost of Empty Hospital Beds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Rothschild & Gregory J. Werden, 1979. "Returns to Scale From Random Factor Services: Existence and Scope," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 329-335, Spring.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983. "Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillem López & Marc Sáez, 1998.
"Finance versus costs for teaching hospitals in Spain,"
Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics
265, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Marc Sáez, 1998. "Finance versus costs for teaching hospitals in Spain," Economics Working Papers 265, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Mehdi Farsi, 2008. "The temporal variation of cost-efficiency in Switzerland’s hospitals: an application of mixed models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 155-168, October.
- Ludwig Kuntz & Stefan Scholtes & Antonio Vera, 2007. "Incorporating efficiency in hospital-capacity planning in Germany," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(3), pages 213-223, September.
- J.L.T. Blank & A.H.Q.M. Merkies, 2004. "Empirical assessment of the economic behaviour of Dutch general hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 265-280.
- David Bardey & Ramón Castaño, 2007. "La regulación de tarifas en el sector de la salud en Colombia," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 9(17), pages 347-357, July-Dece.
- Christoph Schwierz, 2011.
"Expansion in markets with decreasing demand‐for‐profits in the German hospital industry,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 675-687, June.
- Schwierz, Christoph, 2009. "Expansion in Markets with Decreasing Demand – For-Profits in the German Hospital Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 106, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Dan Friesner & Robert Rosenman, 2004. "Non-profit cost-adjusting with quality as a private good," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 511-523.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kyung Kim & Kathleen Carey & James Burgess, 2009. "Emergency department visits: the cost of trauma centers," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 243-251, September.
- Kathleen Carey & Theodore Stefos, 2011. "Controlling for quality in the hospital cost function," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 125-134, June.
- Jonathan S. Skinner & John Wennberg, 2000.
"How Much Is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 169-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & John E. Wennberg, 1998. "How Much is Enough? Efficiency and Medicare Spending in the Last Six Months of Life," NBER Working Papers 6513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Morrison Paul, Catherine, 2008. "Agglomeration and Cost Economies for Washington State Hospital Services," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 553-564, November.
- Christoph Schwierz, 2009. "Expansion in Markets with Decreasing Demand – For-Profits in the German Hospital Industry," Ruhr Economic Papers 0106, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- C. A. Knox Lovell & Ana Rodríguez-Álvarez & Alan Wall, 2009.
"The effects of stochastic demand and expense preference behaviour on public hospital costs and excess capacity,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 227-235.
- Lovell, Knox & Rodríguez-Álvarez, Ana & Wall, Alan, 2007. "The effects of Stochastic Demand and Expense Preference Behaviour on Public Hospital Cost and Excess Capacity," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Kris Knox & Eric Blankmeyer & J. Stutzman, 1999. "Relative economic efficiency in Texas nursing facilities: A profit function analysis," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 23(3), pages 199-213, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3872. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.