Finance versus costs for teaching hospitals in Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guillem López & Marc Sáez, 1998. "Finance versus costs for teaching hospitals in Spain," Economics Working Papers 265, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Gaynor & Gerard F. Anderson, 1991. "Hospital Costs and the Cost of Empty Hospital Beds," NBER Working Papers 3872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillem López Casasnovas & Adam Wagstaff, 1988. "La combinación de los factores productivos en el hospital: una aproximación a la función de producción," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 12(2), pages 305-327, May.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Barer, Morris L., 1982. "Case mix adjustment in hospital cost analysis : Information theory revisited," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 53-80, May.
- Grannemann, Thomas W. & Brown, Randall S. & Pauly, Mark V., 1986. "Estimating hospital costs : A multiple-output analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Adam Wagstaff & Guillem Lopez, 1996. "Hospital costs in Catalonia: a stochastic frontier analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(7), pages 471-474.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- García Prieto, C., 2003. "La ineficiencia en costes de los hospitales del Insalud:un estudio detallado / Cost inefficiency in spanish public hospitals: A detailled stydy," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 21, pages 467-484, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCost functions; semi-parametric estimation; regression analysis; teaching hospitals; prospective payments;
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- H19 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Other
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfses:265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.