Reimbursing for the costs of teaching and research in finnish hospitals: A stochastic frontier analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalton, Kathleen & Norton, Edward C., 2000. "Revisiting Rogowski and Newhouse on the indirect costs of teaching: a note on functional form and retransformation in Medicare's payment formulas," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1027-1046, November.
- Rogowski, Jeannette A. & Newhouse, Joseph P., 1992. "Estimating the indirect costs of teaching," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 153-171, August.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Feldman, Roger D. & Steinwald, A. Bruce, 1983. "Effects of teaching on hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Zuckerman, Stephen & Hadley, Jack & Iezzoni, Lisa, 1994. "Measuring hospital efficiency with frontier cost functions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 255-280, October.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Magnussen, Jon & Piro, Fredrik Niclas, 2009. "Hva betyr forskning, utdanning og reisetid for sykehusenes kostnader?," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2002:18, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Nicholson, Sean & Song, David, 2001. "The incentive effects of the Medicare indirect medical education policy," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 909-933, November.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Eero Linnakko, 1998. "An econometric study of costs of teaching and research in Finnish hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 291-305.
- Guillem López-Casasnovas & Marc Saez, 1999. "The impact of teaching status on average costs in Spanish hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 641-651.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adelaide Ippolito & Vincenzo Viggiani, 2014. "Positioning matrix of economic efficiency and complexity: a case study in a university hospital," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 362-372, October.
- Mehmet Gok & Erkut Altındağ, 2015. "Analysis of the cost and efficiency relationship: experience in the Turkish pay for performance system," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(5), pages 459-469, June.
- G. Fiorentini & S. Robone & R. Verzulli, 2016. "How do hospital-specialty characteristics influence health system responsiveness? An empirical evaluation of in-patient care in the Italian Region of Emilia-Romagna," Working Papers wp1077, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
More about this item
KeywordsReimbursement; Hospitals; Teaching; Cost efficiency; Stochastic frontier;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:6:y:2006:i:1:p:83-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.