Effects of teaching on hospital costs
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Andrea Manca & Nigel Rice & Mark J. Sculpher & Andrew H. Briggs, 2005. "Assessing generalisability by location in trial-based cost-effectiveness analysis: the use of multilevel models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 471-485.
- Emma Medin & Kjartan Anthun & Unto Häkkinen & Sverre Kittelsen & Miika Linna & Jon Magnussen & Kim Olsen & Clas Rehnberg, 2011. "Cost efficiency of university hospitals in the Nordic countries: a cross-country analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 509-519, December.
- Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Bloom, Joan R. & Nuchols, Beverly A., 1991. "Nursing Turnover and Hospital Efficiency: An Organization Level Analysis," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8295j6sx, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & TaylorJr., Donald H. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2001.
"Hospital ownership and cost and quality of care: is there a dime's worth of difference?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1998. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?," NBER Working Papers 6706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & Taylor, Donald H., Jr. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?," Working Papers 00-11, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A & Nuchols, Beverly A., 1993. "Staffing Patterns and Hospital Efficiency," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2cw6v8t3, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Margaritis, Dimitri & Valdmanis, Vivian, 2001. "The effects of teaching on hospital productivity," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 189-204, September.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1999. "Does Where You Are Admitted Make a Difference? An Analysis of Medicare Data," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 1-26 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1999. "Does Where You Are Admitted Make a Difference? An Analysis of Medicare Data," NBER Working Papers 6896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan M. Garber & Victor R. Fuchs & James F. Silverman, 1983. "Case Mix, Costs, and Outcomes: Differences Between Faculty and Community Services in a University Hospital," NBER Working Papers 1159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Salkever & Donald M. Steinwachs, 1986. "Hospital Admissions, Length of Stay, and Case-Mix Impacts of Per Case Payment: The Maryland Experience," NBER Working Papers 2010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee Mobley & W. David Bradford, 1997. "Behavioural differences among hospitals: it is ownership, or location?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1125-1138.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen, 2006. "Reimbursing for the costs of teaching and research in finnish hospitals: A stochastic frontier analysis," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 83-97, March.
- Pedro Barros & Sara Machado, 2010. "Money for nothing?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 234-255, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:2:y:1983:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed