Effects of teaching on hospital costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Manca & Nigel Rice & Mark J. Sculpher & Andrew H. Briggs, 2005. "Assessing generalisability by location in trial‐based cost‐effectiveness analysis: the use of multilevel models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 471-485, May.
- Gary D. Ferrier & Hervé Leleu & Vivian G. Valdmanis & Michael Vardanyan, 2018.
"A directional distance function approach for identifying the input/output status of medical residents,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(9), pages 1006-1021, February.
- Gary D. Ferrier & Hervé Leleu & Viviane Valdmanis & Michael Vardanyan, 2014. "A Directional Distance Function Approach to Identifying the Input/Output Status of Medical Residents," Working Papers 2014-EQM-04, IESEG School of Management.
- Gary Ferrier & Herve Leleu & Vivian Valdmanis & Michael Vardanyan, 2017. "A directional distance function approach for identifying the input/output status of medical residents," Post-Print hal-01744641, HAL.
- Melvin A. Lamboy-Ruiz & James N. Cannon & Olena V. Watanabe, 2019. "Does State Community Benefits Regulation Influence Charity Care and Operational Efficiency in U.S. Non-profit Hospitals?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(2), pages 441-465, August.
- Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Bloom, Joan R. & Nuchols, Beverly A., 1991. "Nursing Turnover and Hospital Efficiency: An Organization Level Analysis," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8295j6sx, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & TaylorJr., Donald H. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2001.
"Hospital ownership and cost and quality of care: is there a dime's worth of difference?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1998. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?," NBER Working Papers 6706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & Taylor, Donald H., Jr. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?," Working Papers 00-11, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Margaritis, Dimitri & Valdmanis, Vivian, 2001. "The effects of teaching on hospital productivity," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 189-204, September.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1999.
"Does Where You Are Admitted Make a Difference? An Analysis of Medicare Data,"
NBER Chapters, in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 1-26,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1999. "Does Where You Are Admitted Make a Difference? An Analysis of Medicare Data," NBER Working Papers 6896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emma Medin & Kjartan Anthun & Unto Häkkinen & Sverre Kittelsen & Miika Linna & Jon Magnussen & Kim Olsen & Clas Rehnberg, 2011. "Cost efficiency of university hospitals in the Nordic countries: a cross-country analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 509-519, December.
- Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A & Nuchols, Beverly A., 1993. "Staffing Patterns and Hospital Efficiency," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2cw6v8t3, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Juan Du & Justin Wang & Yao Chen & Shin-Yi Chou & Joe Zhu, 2014. "Incorporating health outcomes in Pennsylvania hospital efficiency: an additive super-efficiency DEA approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 221(1), pages 161-172, October.
- García-Cornejo, Beatriz & Pérez-Méndez, José A., 2018. "Assessing the effect of standardized cost systems on financial performance. A difference-in-differences approach for hospitals according to their technological level," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(4), pages 396-403.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Eero Linnakko, 1998. "An econometric study of costs of teaching and research in Finnish hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 291-305, June.
- Alan M. Garber & Victor R. Fuchs & James F. Silverman, 1983. "Case Mix, Costs, and Outcomes: Differences Between Faculty and Community Services in a University Hospital," NBER Working Papers 1159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Salkever & Donald M. Steinwachs, 1986. "Hospital Admissions, Length of Stay, and Case-Mix Impacts of Per Case Payment: The Maryland Experience," NBER Working Papers 2010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee Mobley & W. David Bradford, 1997. "Behavioural differences among hospitals: it is ownership, or location?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1125-1138.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen, 2006. "Reimbursing for the costs of teaching and research in finnish hospitals: A stochastic frontier analysis," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 83-97, March.
- Pedro Barros & Sara Machado, 2010. "Money for nothing?," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 234-255, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:2:y:1983:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.