Protecting Losers: Optimal Diversification, Insurance, and Trade Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence F. Katz & Lawrence H. Summers, 1989.
"Can Interindustry Wage Differentials Justify Strategic Trade Policy?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policies for International Competitiveness, pages 85-124
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Can Inter-Industry Wage Differentials Justify Strategic Trade Policy?," NBER Working Papers 2739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S, 1980. "Taxation, Human Capital, and Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 705-715, September.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1984. "Efficiency, Adverse Selection, and Production," Discussion Papers 606, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pincus, J J, 1975. "Pressure Groups and the Pattern of Tariffs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 757-778, August.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1979. "The Allocation of Resources in an Open Economy with Uncertain Terms of Trade," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 391-403, June.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1974. "Technological and Price Uncertainty in a Ricardian Model of International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 201-217.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1981. "Pareto Optimality and Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 235-251, May.
- David M. G. Newbery & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "Pareto Inferior Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 1-12.
- Grossman, Gene M & Shapiro, Carl, 1982. "A Theory of Factor Mobility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1054-1069, October.
- John S. Flemming & Stephen J. Turnovsky & Murray C. Kemp, 1977. "On the Choice of Numeraire and Certainty Price in General Equilibrium Models of Price Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 573-583.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele Di Maio & Marco Valente, 2006. "Uncertainty, Optimal Specialization and Growth," LEM Papers Series 2006/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Di Maio, Michele, 2008.
"Uncertainty, trade integration and the optimal level of protection in a Ricardian model with a continuum of goods,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 315-329, December.
- Michele Di Maio, 2006. "Uncertainty, Trade Integration and the Optimal Level of Protection in a Ricardian Model with a Continuum of Goods," Working Papers 34-2006, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Nov 2008.
- Di Maio, Michele, 2006. "Uncertainty, trade integration and the optimal level of protection in a Ricardian model with a continuum of goods," MPRA Paper 4645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Gaisford & Olena Ivus, 2014. "Should Smaller Countries Be More Protectionist? The Diversification Motive for Tariffs," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 845-862, September.
- Michele Di Maio & Marco Valente, 2013. "Uncertainty, Specialization and Government Intervention," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 215-243, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .