Uniform Pricing in US Retail Chains
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ali Hortaçsu & Fernando Luco & Steven L. Puller & Dongni Zhu, 2017. "Does Strategic Ability Affect Efficiency? Evidence from Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 23526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Adams & Kevin R. Williams, 2017.
"Zone Pricing in Retail Oligopoly,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
2079R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2017.
- Brian Adams & Kevin R. Williams, 2017. "Zone Pricing in Retail Oligopoly," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2079, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brian Adams & Kevin R. Williams, 2017. "Zone Pricing in Retail Oligopoly," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2079R2, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Dec 2017.
- Ben Shiller & Joel Waldfogel, 2011. "Music for a Song: An Empirical Look at Uniform Pricing and Its Alternatives," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 630-660, December.
- Liran Einav & Ephraim Leibtag & Aviv Nevo, 2010. "Recording discrepancies in Nielsen Homescan data: Are they present and do they matter?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 207-239, June.
- Emi Nakamura & Jón Steinsson, 2008. "Five Facts about Prices: A Reevaluation of Menu Cost Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(4), pages 1415-1464.
- Olivier Coibion & Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gee Hee Hong, 2015.
"The Cyclicality of Sales, Regular and Effective Prices: Business Cycle and Policy Implications,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(3), pages 993-1029, March.
- Olivier Coibion & Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gee Hee Hong, 2012. "The Cyclicality of Sales, Regular and Effective Prices: Business Cycle and Policy Implications," NBER Working Papers 18273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Coibion & Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gee Hee Hong, 2013. "The Cyclicality of Sales, Regular and Effective Prices: Business Cycle and Policy Implications," Staff Working Papers 13-1, Bank of Canada.
- Olivier Coibion & Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Gee Hee Hong, 2012. "The Cyclicality of Sales, Regular and Effective Prices; Business Cycle and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 12/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Jessie Handbury & David E. Weinstein, 2015. "Goods Prices and Availability in Cities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(1), pages 258-296.
- Eizenberg, Alon & Lach, Saul & Yiftach, Merav, 2016. "Retail Prices in a City," CEPR Discussion Papers 11590, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:48-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Friberg, Richard & Steen, Frode & Ulsaker, Simen A., 2018. "Hump-shaped cross-price effects and the extensive margin in cross-border shopping," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 29/2018, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Itai Ater & Oren Rigbi, 2018. "The Effects of Mandatory Disclosure of Supermarket Prices," CESifo Working Paper Series 6942, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:59:y:2018:i:c:p:282-315 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ma, Meilin & Saitone, Tina L. & Volpe, Richard J. & Sexton, Richard J. & Saksena, Michelle, 2018. "Market Concentration, Market Shares, and Retail Food Prices: Evidence from the U.S. Women, Infants, and Children Program," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274205, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ater, Itai & Rigbi, Oren, 2017. "The Effects of Mandatory Disclosure of Supermarket Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 12381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harju, Jarkko & Kosonen, Tuomas & Skans, Oskar Nordström, 2018.
"Firm types, price-setting strategies, and consumption-tax incidence,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 48-72.
- Kosonen, Tuomas & Harju, Jarkko & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2015. "Firm types, price-setting strategies, and consumption-tax incidence," Working Papers 70, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Nordström Skans, Oskar & Harju, Jarkko & Kosonen, Tuomas, 2018. "Firm types, price-setting strategies, and consumption-tax incidence?," Working Paper Series 2018:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Jarkko Harju & Tuomas Kosonen & Oskar Nordström Skans, 2015. "Firm Types, Price-Setting Strategies, and Consumption-Tax Incidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 5654, CESifo Group Munich.
- David Argente & Munseob Lee & Sara Moreira, 2018. "How do Firms Grow? The Life Cycle of Products Matters," 2018 Meeting Papers 1174, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Basker, Emek & Vickers, Chris & Ziebarth, Nicolas L., 2018.
"Competition, productivity, and survival of grocery stores in the Great Depression,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 282-315.
- Emek Basker & Chris Vickers & Nicolas L. Ziebarth, 2018. "Competition, Productivity, and Survival of Grocery Stores in the Great Depression," Working Papers 18-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-12-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2017-12-03 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2017-12-03 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.