Direct to Consumer Advertising of Pharmaceutical Drugs: Information and Persuasion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosemary Avery & Donald Kenkel & Dean R. Lillard & Alan Mathios, 2007.
"Private Profits and Public Health: Does Advertising of Smoking Cessation Products Encourage Smokers to Quit?,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 447-481.
- Rosemary Avery & Donald Kenkel & Dean R. Lillard & Alan Mathios, 2006. "Private Profits and Public Health: Does Advertising Smoking Cessation Products Encourage Smokers to Quit?," NBER Working Papers 11938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Kuhn, Michael, 2006.
"Direct to consumer advertising in pharmaceutical markets,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 102-130, January.
- Kurt R Brekke & Michael Kuhn, "undated". "Direct-to-Consumer Advertising in Pharmaceutical Markets," Discussion Papers 03/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Michael Kuhn, 2005. "Direct to Consumer Advertising in Pharmaceutical Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 1493, CESifo.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Kuhn, Michael, 2003. "Direct-to-Consumer Advertising in Pharmaceutical Markets," Working Papers in Economics 05/03, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hosken, Daniel & Wendling, Brett, 2013. "Informing the uninformed: How drug advertising affects check-up visits," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 181-194.
More about this item
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2014-01-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CTA-2014-01-17 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-HEA-2014-01-17 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2014-01-17 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.