Government Policy and Ownership of Financial Assets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth R. French, 2008. "Presidential Address: The Cost of Active Investing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 1537-1573, August.
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Green, Richard C. & Hollifield, Burton, 2003.
"The personal-tax advantages of equity,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 175-216, February.
- Richard C. Green & Burton Hollifield, "undated". "The Personal-Tax Advantages of Equity," GSIA Working Papers 2000-E10, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Richard Green & Burton Hollifield, 2000. "The Personal Tax Advantage of Equity," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1611, Econometric Society.
- Bergstresser, Daniel & Poterba, James, 2004.
"Asset allocation and asset location: household evidence from the survey of consumer finances,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1893-1915, August.
- Daniel Bergstresser & James Poterba, 2002. "Asset Allocation and Asset Location: Household Evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," NBER Working Papers 9268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raj Chetty & Emmanuel Saez, 2005.
"Dividend Taxes and Corporate Behavior: Evidence from the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(3), pages 791-833.
- Raj Chetty & Emmanuel Saez, 2004. "Dividend Taxes and Corporate Behavior: Evidence from the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut," NBER Working Papers 10841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chetty, Raj & Saez, Emmanuel, 2004. "Dividend Taxes and Corporate Behaviour: Evidence from the 2003 Dividend Tax Cut," CEPR Discussion Papers 4722, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giacomo Corneo, 2005. "The Rise and Likely Fall of the German Income Tax, 1958–2005," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(1), pages 159-186.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 2002. "The Equity Premium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 637-659, April.
- Clemens Sialm, 2009. "Tax Changes and Asset Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1356-1383, September.
- J. B. Chay & Dosoung Choi & Jeffrey Pontiff, 2006. "Market Valuation of Tax-Timing Options: Evidence from Capital Gains Distributions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 837-865, April.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Alon Brav & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Roni Michaely, 2008. "Managerial Response to the May 2003 Dividend Tax Cut," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 37(4), pages 611-624, December.
- Jennifer Huang, 2008. "Taxable and Tax-Deferred Investing: A Tax-Arbitrage Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(5), pages 2173-2207, September.
- Clemens Sialm & Laura Starks, 2012. "Mutual Fund Tax Clienteles," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(4), pages 1397-1422, August.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-275, May.
- Poterba, James M. & Samwick, Andrew A., 2003.
"Taxation and household portfolio composition: US evidence from the 1980s and 1990s,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 5-38, January.
- James M. Poterba & Andrew Samwick, 1999. "Taxation and Household Portfolio Composition: U.S. Evidence from the 1980s and 1990s," NBER Working Papers 7392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1983. " Tax Reform and Ex-Dividend Day Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1157-1179, September.
- Brandon Julio & David L. Ikenberry, 2004. "Reappearing Dividends," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 16(4), pages 89-100.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:87:y:2017:i:c:p:13-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edquist, Harald & Henrekson, Magnus, 2013. "Product Market Reforms and Incentives to Innovate in Sweden," Working Paper Series 986, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-10-22 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-10-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.