Historical Oil Shocks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hamilton, James D., 2003.
"What is an oil shock?,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- James D. Hamilton, 2000. "What is an Oil Shock?," NBER Working Papers 7755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joseph H. Davis & Christopher Hanes & Paul W. Rhode, 2009.
"Harvests and Business Cycles in Nineteenth-Century America,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1675-1727.
- Joseph H. Davis & Christopher Hanes & Paul W. Rhode, 2009. "Harvests and Business Cycles in Nineteenth-Century America," NBER Working Papers 14686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonella Cavallo & Antonio Ribba, 2017. "Measuring the Effects of Oil Price and Euro-area Shocks on CEECs Business Cycles," Department of Economics 0111, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Afees A. Salisu & Umar B. Ndako & Idris Adediran, 2018. "Forecasting GDP of OPEC: The role of oil price," Working Papers 044, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Rajeev Dhawan & Karsten Jeske & Pedro Silos, 2010.
"Productivity, Energy Prices and the Great Moderation: A New Link,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 13(3), pages 715-724, July.
- Pedro Silos & Karsten Jeske & Rajeev Dhawan, 2008. "Productivity, Energy Prices and the Great Moderation: A New Link," 2008 Meeting Papers 877, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Rajeev Dhawan & Karsten Jeske & Pedro Silos, 2008. "Productivity, energy prices, and the Great Moderation: a new link," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2008-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Rajeev Dhawan & Karsten Jeske & Pedro Silos, 2009. "Code and data files for "Productivity, Energy Prices, and the Great Moderation: A New Link"," Computer Codes 09-14, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Ortiz-Cruz, Alejandro & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Ibarra-Valdez, Carlos & Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose, 2012. "Efficiency of crude oil markets: Evidences from informational entropy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 365-373.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2014. "Equity prices and financial globalization," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 49-57.
- Awerbuch, Shimon & Sauter, Raphael, 2006.
"Exploiting the oil-GDP effect to support renewables deployment,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2805-2819, November.
- Shimon Awerbuch & Raphael Sauter, 2005. "Exploiting the Oil-GDP Effect to Support Renewables Deployment," SPRU Working Paper Series 129, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Rebeca Jiménez-Rodríguez, 2004. "Oil Price Shocks: Testing for Non-linearity," CSEF Working Papers 115, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Naoyuki Yoshino & Victoriia Alekhina, 2016. "Impact of oil price fluctuations on an energy-exporting economy: Evidence from Russia," Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, Professor Dr. Usman Raja, vol. 2(4), pages 156-166.
- Karl Pinno and Apostolos Serletis, 2013. "Oil Price Uncertainty and Industrial Production," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Laure Crusson & Muriel Barlet, 2009. "Quel impact des variations du prix du pétrole sur la croissance française ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 188(2), pages 23-41.
- Andrea Bastianin & Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera, 2018.
"Economic impacts of El Niño southern oscillation: evidence from the Colombian coffee market,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(5), pages 623-633, September.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2016. "Economic Impacts of El Niño Southern Oscillation: Evidence from the Colombian Coffee Market," EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation 250258, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Bastianin, Andrea & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2018. "Economic impacts of El Niño Southern Oscillation: evidence from the Colombian coffee market," MPRA Paper 89984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Bastianin & Alessandro Lanza & Matteo Manera, 2016. "Economic Impacts of El Niño Southern Oscillation: Evidence from the Colombian Coffee Market," Working Papers 2016.73, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bhar, Ramprasad & Mallik, Girijasankar, 2010. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty and output growth in the USA," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(23), pages 5503-5510.
- Danilo Cascaldi-Garcia & Marija Vukotic, 2022.
"Patent-Based News Shocks,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 104(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Cascaldi-Garcia, Danilo & Vukotic, Marija, 2019. "Patent-Based News Shocks," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1225, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Danilo Cascaldi-Garcia & Marija Vukotić, 2020. "Patent-Based News Shocks," International Finance Discussion Papers 1277, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jammazi, Rania, 2012.
"Oil shock transmission to stock market returns: Wavelet-multivariate Markov switching GARCH approach,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 430-454.
- Rania Jammazi, 2014. "Oil Shock Transmission to Stock Market Returns: Wavelet Multivariate Markov Switching GARCH Approach," Working Papers 2014-197, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Blazsek, Szabolcs & Escribano, Álvaro & Licht, Adrian, 2018. "Seasonal quasi-vector autoregressive models for macroeconomic data," UC3M Working papers. Economics 26316, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Arturo Lorenzo Valdés & Rocío Durán Vázquez & Leticia Armenta Fraire, 2012. "Conditional Correlation Between Oil and Stock Market Returns: The Case of Mexico," Remef - Revista Mexicana de Economía y Finanzas Nueva Época REMEF (The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance), Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos de Finanzas, IMEF, vol. 7(1), pages 49-63, Enero-Jun.
- Andreopoulos Spyros, 2009. "Oil Matters: Real Input Prices and U.S. Unemployment Revisited," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Mehdi Behname, 2013. "The relationship between Market Size, Inflation and Energy," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 2, pages 1-1, December.
- Kapetanios, G. & Tzavalis, E., 2010. "Modeling structural breaks in economic relationships using large shocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 417-436, March.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2011-02-26 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2011-02-26 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2011-02-26 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.