Is the Spurious Regression Problem Spurious?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Clive Granger & Namwon Hyung & Yongil Jeon, 2001.
"Spurious regressions with stationary series,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(7), pages 899-904.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Hyung, Namwon & Jeon, Yongil, 1998. "Spurious Regressions with Stationary Series," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt7r3353t8, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993.
"Unit roots in macroeconomic time series: some critical issues,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 13-44.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993. "Unit Roots in Macroeconomic Time Series: Some Critical Issues," NBER Working Papers 4368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:uii:journl:v:7:y:2015:i:2:p:78-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sollis, Robert, 2011. "Spurious regression: A higher-order problem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 141-143, May.
- Jin, Hao & Zhang, Jinsuo & Zhang, Si & Yu, Cong, 2013. "The spurious regression of AR(p) infinite-variance sequence in the presence of structural breaks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 25-40.
- Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària & J. Eduardo Vera-Valdés & Alejandra I. Martínez-Olmos, 2016. "A comment on ‘resolving spurious regressions and serially correlated errors’," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1289-1298, November.
- Tu, Yundong, 2017. "On spurious regressions with partial unit root processes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 142-145.
- Frédéric Branger, Philippe Quirion, Julien Chevallier, 2017. "Carbon Leakage and Competitiveness of Cement and Steel Industries Under the EU ETS: Much Ado About Nothing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Martínez-Rivera, Berenice & Ventosa-Santaulària, Daniel, 2012. "A comment on ‘Is the spurious regression problem spurious?’," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 229-231.
- Zhang, Lingxiang, 2013. "Partial unit root and linear spurious regression: A Monte Carlo simulation study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 189-191.
- Vyrost, Tomas & Baumöhl, Eduard & Lyocsa, Stefan, 2013. "What Drives the Stock Market Integration in the CEE-3?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 67-81.
- Gueorgui I. Kolev, 2011. "The "spurious regression problem" in the classical regression model framework," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 925-937.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:168:y:2018:i:c:p:70-72 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C29 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-02-20 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2010-02-20 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15690. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.