Does it Matter Who Has the Right to Patent: First-to-invent or First-to-file? Lessons From Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Petra Moser, 2005.
"How Do Patent Laws Influence Innovation? Evidence from Nineteenth-Century World's Fairs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1214-1236, September.
- Petra Moser, 2003. "How Do Patent Laws Influence Innovation? Evidence from Nineteenth-Century World Fairs," NBER Working Papers 9909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 1990. "A Penny for Your Quotes: Patent Citations and the Value of Innovations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 172-187, Spring.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," NBER Working Papers 8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Evenson & Daniel Johnson, 1997. "Introduction: Invention Input-Output Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 149-160.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Ziedonis, Rosemarie Ham, 2001. "The Patent Paradox Revisited: An Empirical Study of Patenting in the U.S. Semiconductor Industry, 1979-1995," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 101-128, Spring.
- Johnson, Daniel K N & Popp, David, 2003.
" Forced Out of the Closet: The Impact of the American Inventors Protection Act on the Timing of Patent Disclosure,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(1), pages 96-112, Spring.
- Daniel K.N. Johnson & David Popp, 2001. "Forced Out of the Closet: The Impact of the American Inventors Protection Act on the Timing of Patent Disclosure," NBER Working Papers 8374, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1999. "On the Optimality of the Patent Renewal System," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 181-196, Summer.
- Kortum, Samuel & Lerner, Josh, 1999. "What is behind the recent surge in patenting?1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Kaz Miyagiwa, 2007. "First-to-invent versus First-to-file: International Patent Law Harmonization and Innovation," ISER Discussion Paper 0703, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Samuel Kortum & Jonathan Putnam, 1997. "Assigning Patents to Industries: Tests of the Yale Technology Concordance," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 161-176.
- Pakes, Ariel & Griliches, Zvi, 1980. "Patents and R&D at the firm level: A first report," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 377-381.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "Patent Quality and Research Productivity: Measuring Innovation with Multiple Indicators," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 441-465, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Panagopoulos & Kyriakos Drivas, 2016. "Using the Patent Term Changes in Assessing the Evolution of Patent Valuation from Filing to Maturity," Working Papers 1608, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Jacob Greenspon & Erika Rodigues, 2017. "Are Trends in Patenting Reflective of Innovative Activity in Canada?," CSLS Research Reports 2017-02, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz & Ohno, Yuka, 2015.
"International harmonization of the patent-issuing rules,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 81-89.
- Kaz Miyagiwa & Yuka Ohno, 2012. "International Harmonization of the Patent-issuing Rules," Emory Economics 1203, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Kaz Miyagiwa & Yuka Ohno, 2012. "International Harmonization of the Patent-Issuing Rules," ISER Discussion Paper 0837, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Andrew Eckert & Corinne Langinier, 2014.
"A Survey Of The Economics Of Patent Systems And Procedures,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 996-1015, December.
- Eckert, Andrew & Langinier, Corinne, 2014. "A Survey of the Economics of Patent Systems and Procedures," Working Papers 2014-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas, Tom, 2011. "Cheaper patents," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 325-339, March.
More about this item
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2009-04-25 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2009-04-25 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2009-04-25 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .