Saving Your Home in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Hülya Eraslan & Wenli Li & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2007.
"The anatomy of U.S. personal bankruptcy under Chapter 13,"
07-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Hülya Eraslan & Wenli Li & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2007. "The anatomy of U.S. personal bankruptcy under Chapter 13," Working Paper 07-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Foote, Christopher L. & Gerardi, Kristopher & Willen, Paul S., 2008.
"Negative equity and foreclosure: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 234-245, September.
- Christopher L. Foote & Kristopher S. Gerardi & Paul S. Willen, 2008. "Negative equity and foreclosure: theory and evidence," Public Policy Discussion Paper 08-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Sarah W. Carroll & Wenli Li, 2008. "The homeownership experience of households in bankruptcy," Working Papers 08-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Astrid A. Dick & Donald P. Morgan, 2007. "The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act: means-testing or mean spirited?," Staff Reports 279, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Scott Fay & Erik Hurst & Michelle J. White, 2002. "The Household Bankruptcy Decision," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 706-718, June.
- Quigley, John M & Van Order, Robert, 1995.
"Explicit Tests of Contingent Claims Models of Mortgage Default,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 99-117, September.
- Quigley, John M., 1993. "Explicit Tests of Contingent Claims Models of Mortgage Defaults," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3df5357v, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- John M. Quigley., 1993. "Explicit Tests of Contingent Claims Models of Mortgage Defaults," Economics Working Papers 93-221, University of California at Berkeley.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy & Hynes, Richard, 1999. "Bankruptcy Exemptions and the Market for Mortgage Loans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 809-830, October.
- White, M.J., 1998. "Why Don't More Households File for Bankruptcy?," Papers 98-03, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- White, Michelle J, 1998. "Why Don't More Households File for Bankruptcy?," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 205-231, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Song Han & Geng Li, 2011. "Household Borrowing after Personal Bankruptcy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 491-517, March.
- Fraisse, Henri, 2017. "Households Debt Restructuring: The Re-default Effect of a Debt Suspension," IZA Discussion Papers 11032, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cornwell, Christopher & Xu, Bing, 2014. "Effects of the BAPCPA on the chapter composition of consumer bankruptcies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 439-442.
- Wenli Li & Michelle J. White & Ning Zhu, 2011.
"Did Bankruptcy Reform Cause Mortgage Defaults to Rise?,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 123-147, November.
- Wenli Li & Michelle J. White & Ning Zhu, 2010. "Did Bankruptcy Reform Cause Mortgage Default to Rise?," NBER Working Papers 15968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hülya Eraslan & Gizem Koşar & Wenli Li & Pierre‐Daniel Sarte, 2017.
"An Anatomy Of U.S. Personal Bankruptcy Under Chapter 13,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 58, pages 671-702, August.
- Eraslan, Hulya & Kosar, Gizem & Li, Weli & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel, 2014. "An Anatomy of U.S. Personal Bankruptcy under Chapter 13," Working Papers 14-030, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Eraslan, Hulya & Koşar, Gizem & Li, Wenli & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G., 2016. "An anatomy of U.S. personal bankruptcy under Chapter 13," Staff Reports 764, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Eraslan, Hulya & Koşar, Gizem & Li, Wenli & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel G., 2014. "An anatomy of u.s. Personal bankruptcy under chapter 13," Working Papers 14-33, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle J. White, 2014.
"Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures: Does Strip-down of Mortgages Affect the Supply of Mortgage Credit?,"
NBER Working Papers
19952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle White, 2014. "Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures: Does Strip-down of Mortgages Affect the Supply of Mortgage Credit?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4722, CESifo Group Munich.
- Li, Wenli & Tewari, Ishani & White, Michelle J., 2014. "Using bankruptcy to reduce foreclosures: does strip-down of mortgages affect the supply of mortgage credit?," Working Papers 14-35, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Michelle White & Wenli Li, 2011. "Residential Mortgage Default and Consumer Bankruptcy: Theory and Empirical Evidence," 2011 Meeting Papers 1038, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:99:y:2017:i:5:p:853-869 is not listed on IDEAS
- Will Dobbie & Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham & Crystal S. Yang, 2017. "Consumer Bankruptcy and Financial Health," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 99(5), pages 853-869, December.
- Casey B. Mulligan, 2009. "Means-Tested Mortgage Modification: Homes Saved or Income Destroyed?," NBER Working Papers 15281, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald P. Morgan & Benjamin Iverson & Matthew Botsch, 2012. "Subprime foreclosures and the 2005 bankruptcy reform," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Mar, pages 47-57.
- Eric Helland & Anupam B. Jena & Dan P. Ly & Seth A. Seabury, 2016. "Self-insuring against Liability Risk: Evidence from Physician Home Values in States with Unlimited Homestead Exemptions," NBER Working Papers 22031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:256-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- H. Fraisse, 2017. "Household Debt Restructuring : The Re-default Effects of Debt Suspensions," Débats économiques et financiers 29, Banque de France.
- Wenli Li & Michelle J. White, 2009. "Mortgage Default, Foreclosure, and Bankruptcy," NBER Working Papers 15472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michelle J. White, 2008. "Bankruptcy: Past Puzzles, Recent Reforms, and the Mortgage Crisis," NBER Working Papers 14549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chintal Desai & Gregory Elliehausen & Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2013. "Effects of Bankruptcy Exemptions and Foreclosure Laws on Mortgage Default and Foreclosure Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 391-415, October.
More about this item
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- K35 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Personal Bankruptcy Law
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2008-07-30 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2008-07-30 (Regulation)
- NEP-URE-2008-07-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.