The Effect of Hours of Work on Social Interaction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Saffer, Henry, 2008. "The demand for social interaction," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1047-1060, June.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J. & Freshwater, David, 2006. "The production of social capital in US counties," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Lionel Prouteau & François-Charles Wolff, 2002.
"La participation associative au regard des temps sociaux,"
Économie et Statistique,
Programme National Persée, vol. 352(1), pages 57-80.
- Lionel Prouteau & François-Charles Wolff, 2002. " La participation associative au regard des temps sociaux ," Post-Print hal-00973980, HAL.
- La Porta, Rafael, et al, 1997. "Trust in Large Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 333-338, May.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30726298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcello M. Estevão & Filipa G Sa, 2006. "Are the French Happy with the 35-Hour Workweek?," IMF Working Papers 06/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael, Robert T, 1973. "Education in Nonmarket Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 306-327, Part I, M.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2001. "Understanding the Decline in Social Capital, 1952-1998," NBER Working Papers 8295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "Understanding the American Decline in Social Capital, 1952--1998," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 17-46, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0510 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kunze, Lars & Suppa, Nicolai, 2017.
"Bowling alone or bowling at all? The effect of unemployment on social participation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 213-235.
- Kunze, Lars & Suppa, Nicolai, 2014. "Bowling Alone or Bowling at All? The Effect of Unemployment on Social Participation," Ruhr Economic Papers 510, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Lars Kunze & Nicolai Suppa, 2014. "Bowling Alone or Bowling at All?: The Effect of Unemployment on Social Participation," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 703, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Lars Kunze & Nicolai Suppa, 2014. "Bowling Alone or Bowling at All? The Effect of Unemployment on Social Participation," Ruhr Economic Papers 0510, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Julie L. Hotchkiss & Anil Rupasingha, 2016.
"Wage Determination in Social Occupations: the Role of Individual Social Capital,"
16-46, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Hotchkiss, Julie L. & Rupasingha, Anil, 2016. "Wage Determination in Social Occupations: The Role of Individual Social Capital," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2016-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2012. "Work Hours in Chinese Enterprises: Evidence From Matched Employer-Employee Data," Monash Economics Working Papers 10-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Berniell, Maria Ines & Bietenbeck, Jan, 2017. "The Effect of Working Hours on Health," IZA Discussion Papers 10524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maurizio Pugno, 2014. "Scitovsky's The Joyless Economy and the economics of happiness," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 278-303, April.
More about this item
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2008-01-26 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-SOC-2008-01-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2008-01-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:13743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.