Capitalizing Patriotism: The Liberty Loans of World War I
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCloskey, Deirdre N., 1998. "Bourgeois Virtue and the History of P and S," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 297-317, June.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
- Evans, Paul, 1985. "Do Large Deficits Produce High Interest Rates?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 68-87, March.
- Balke, Nathan S & Gordon, Robert J, 1989. "The Estimation of Prewar Gross National Product: Methodology and New Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 38-92, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2015. "War and Inflation in the United States from the Revolution to the First Iraq War," NBER Working Papers 21221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joel Slemrod, 2010.
"Old George Orwell Got It Backward: Some Thoughts on Behavioral Tax Economics,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 66(1), pages 15-33, March.
- Joel Slemrod, 2009. "Old George Orwell Got it Backward: Some Thoughts on Behavioral Tax Economics," CESifo Working Paper Series 2777, CESifo Group Munich.
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Solcan, Mihaela, 2016.
"The original Operation Twist: the War Finance Corporation's war bond purchases, 1918–1920,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 21-46, April.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Mihaela Solcan, 2012. "The Original Operation Twist: The War Finance Corporation's War Bond Purchase, 1918-1920," Working Papers 12-13, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Cheating Ourselves: The Economics of Tax Evasion," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 25-48, Winter.
- Tobias A. Jopp, 2016. "Contemporaries' opinions of the Allied and Central Powers' performance during the First World War: measuring turning points in perception with sovereign debt prices," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 242-273.
More about this item
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:11919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.