Capitalizing Patriotism: The Liberty Loans of World War I
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCloskey, Deirdre N., 1998. "Bourgeois Virtue and the History of P and S," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 297-317, June.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
- Evans, Paul, 1985. "Do Large Deficits Produce High Interest Rates?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 68-87, March.
- Balke, Nathan S & Gordon, Robert J, 1989. "The Estimation of Prewar Gross National Product: Methodology and New Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 38-92, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2015. "War and Inflation in the United States from the Revolution to the First Iraq War," NBER Working Papers 21221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joel Slemrod, 2010.
"Old George Orwell Got It Backward: Some Thoughts on Behavioral Tax Economics,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 66(1), pages 15-33, March.
- Joel Slemrod, 2009. "Old George Orwell Got it Backward: Some Thoughts on Behavioral Tax Economics," CESifo Working Paper Series 2777, CESifo Group Munich.
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Solcan, Mihaela, 2016.
"The original Operation Twist: the War Finance Corporation's war bond purchases, 1918–1920,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 21-46, April.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Mihaela Solcan, 2012. "The Original Operation Twist: The War Finance Corporation's War Bond Purchase, 1918-1920," Working Papers 12-13, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Cheating Ourselves: The Economics of Tax Evasion," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 25-48, Winter.
More about this item
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:11919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .