Length of Service and the Operation of Internal Labor Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1981. "Are Those Paid More Really More Productive? The Case of Experience," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(2), pages 186-216.
- Gary S. Becker & George J. Stigler, 1974. "Law Enforcement, Malfeasance, and Compensation of Enforcers," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Charles Brown, 1982.
"Estimating the Determinants of Employee Performance,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(2), pages 178-194.
- Charles Brown, 1979. "Estimating the Determinants of Employee Performance," NBER Working Papers 0353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katharine G. Abraham & James L. Medoff, 1983. "Length of Service, Terminations and the Nature of the Employment Relationship," NBER Working Papers 1086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1983. "Wages and Employment With Firm-Specific Seniority," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 573-580, Autumn.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980. "Experience, Performance, and Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 703-736.
- Dan H. Mater, 1941. "A Statistical Study of the Effect of Seniority Upon Employee Efficiency," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14, pages 169-169.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Rivkin, Steven G., 2006. "Teacher Quality," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Katharine G. Abraham & James L. Medoff, 1983. "Years of Service and Probability of Promotion," NBER Working Papers 1191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Summers, Anita A & Wolfe, Barbara L, 1977. "Do Schools Make a Difference?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 639-652, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Booth, Alison & Nolen, Patrick, 2012.
"Choosing to compete: How different are girls and boys?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 542-555.
- Booth, Alison L. & Nolen, Patrick J., 2009. "Choosing to Compete: How Different Are Girls and Boys?," IZA Discussion Papers 4027, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Booth, Alison L & Nolen, Patrick, 2009. "Choosing to Compete: How different are girls and boys?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Booth, AL & Nolen, PJ, 2009. "Choosing To Compete: How Different Are Girls and Boys?," Economics Discussion Papers 2916, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Alison L. Booth & Patrick Nolen, 2009. "Choosing to Compete: How Different are Girls and Boys?," CEPR Discussion Papers 602, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- John Knight & Linda Yueh, 2008.
"The role of social capital in the labour market in China,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(3), pages 389-414, July.
- John Knight & Linda Yueh, 2002. "The Role of Social Capital in the Labour Market in China," Economics Series Working Papers 121, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Morley Gunderson & James E. Pesando, 1988. "The Case for Allowing Mandatory Retirement," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 14(1), pages 32-39, March.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Farber, Henry S, 1987.
"Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 278-297, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority and Earnings," Working papers 407, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 1819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:2:y:1986:i:c:p:789-848 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.