Measuring Market Integration: Foreign Exchange Arbitrage and the Gold Standard, 1879-1913
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eugene Canjels & Gauri Prakash-Canjels & Alan M. Taylor, 2004. "Measuring Market Integration: Foreign Exchange Arbitrage and the Gold Standard, 1879-1913," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 868-882, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1999. " Testing for Linearity," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 551-576, December.
- Officer, Lawrence H., 1983. "Dollar-Sterling Mint Parity and Exchange Rates, 1791–1834," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(03), pages 579-616, September.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:13:y:1997:i:3:p:315-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bai, Jushan, 1997. "Estimating Multiple Breaks One at a Time," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 315-352, June.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
451, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," Economics Working Papers 90-146, University of California at Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," NBER Working Papers 3411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Trends and Cycles in Foreign Lending," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt82z7083m, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Kapetanios, G., 1999. "Model Selection in Threshold Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9906, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991. "Target Zones and Exchange Rate Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 669-682.
- Obstfeld,Maurice & Taylor,Alan M., 2005. "Global Capital Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671798, April.
- Potter, Simon M, 1999. " Nonlinear Time Series Modelling: An Introduction," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 505-528, December.
- Robert B. Davies, 2002. "Hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternative: Linear model case," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(2), pages 484-489, June.
- Oskar Morgenstern, 1959. "International Financial Transactions and Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number morg59-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacks, David S. & Yan, Se & Zhao, Liuyan, 2017.
"Silver points, silver flows, and the measure of Chinese financial integration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 377-386.
- David S. Jacks & Se Yan & Liuyan Zhao, 2016. "Silver Points, Silver Flows, and the Measure of Chinese Financial Integration," NBER Working Papers 22747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Rebitzky, Rafael R., 2008.
"Investor sentiment in the US-dollar: Longer-term, non-linear orientation on PPP,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 455-467, June.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Rebitzky, Rafael, 2007. "Investor sentiment in the US-dollar: longer-term, nonlinear orientation on PPP," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-376, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Stephen Norman, 2016. "Attractor misspecification and threshold estimation bias," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 1911-1921.
- Ling-Fan Li, 2015. "Information asymmetry and the speed of adjustment: debasements in the mid-sixteenth century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 68(4), pages 1203-1225, November.
- A. Malliaris & Mary Malliaris, 2013.
"Are oil, gold and the euro inter-related? Time series and neural network analysis,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Malliaris, A.G. & Malliaris, Mary, 2011. "Are oil, gold and the euro inter-related? time series and neural network analysis," MPRA Paper 35266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefaano Ugolini, 2012.
"The Bank of England as the World gold market-maker during the Classical gold standard era, 1889-1910,"
2012/15, Norges Bank.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2013. "The Bank of England as the World Gold Market-Maker During the Classical Gold Standard Era, 1889-1910," Post-Print hal-01293932, HAL.
- Boerner, Lars & Volckart, Oliver, 2011.
"The utility of a common coinage: Currency unions and the integration of money markets in late Medieval Central Europe,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 53-65, January.
- Boerner, Lars & Volckart, Oliver, 2010. "The utility of a common coinage: currency unions and the integration of money markets in late medieval Central Europe," Economic History Working Papers 29409, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- William D. Craighead, 2010. "Across Time And Regimes: 212 Years Of The Us-Uk Real Exchange Rate," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 951-964, October.
- Peter Kugler, 2011. "Financial Market Integration in Late Medieval Europe: Results from a Threshold Error Correction Model for the Rhinegulden and Basle Pound 1365-1429," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 147(III), pages 337-352, September.
- Jacks, David S., 2006. "What drove 19th century commodity market integration?," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 383-412, July.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2013.
"Competing Bimetallic Ratios: Amsterdam, London, and Bullion Arbitrage in Mid-Eighteenth Century,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(02), pages 445-476, June.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2011. "Competing bimetallic ratios: Amsterdam, London and bullion arbitrage in the 18th century," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-03, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Nogues-Marco, Pilar, 2013. "Competing Bimetallic Ratios: Amsterdam, London and Bullion Arbitrage in the Mid-18th Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 9300, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chilosi, David & Volckart, Oliver, 2009. "Money, states and empire: financial integration cycles and institutional change in Central Europe, 1400-1520," Economic History Working Papers 27884, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Bruce Blonigen & Anca Cristea, 2013. "The Effects of the Interstate Commerce Act on Transport Costs: Evidence from Wheat Prices," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 43(1), pages 41-62, August.
- Morys, Matthias, 2013. "Discount rate policy under the Classical Gold Standard: Core versus periphery (1870s–1914)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 205-226.
- Volckart, Oliver & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2004. "Estimating medieval market integration: Evidence from exchange rates," Discussion Papers 2004/21, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
More about this item
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2004-06-27 (Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2004-06-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2004-06-27 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:10583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .