Adjustment to Variations in Imported Input Prices: The Role of Economic Structure
This paper introduces an imported input into a model of art open economy with developed financial markets, a flexible exchange rate, and some degree of market power on the export side. The model is designed to investigate the impact of an increase in imported input prices on the exchange rate, domestic interest rate, income and nontraded-goods prices. The analysis reveals that changes in various structural parameters, such as the degree of market power or the extent of demand-side openness" or "financial openness," alter the transmission of foreign price disturbances to the domestic economy.
|Date of creation:||Jul 1980|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published as Katseli-Papaefstratiou, L. and Marion, Nancy Peregrim. "Adjustment to Variations in Imported Input Prices: The Role of Economic Structure." Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv (Review of World Economics), Vol. 1, No. (Band) 118, (1982), pp. 131-147.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert P. Flood & Nancy Peregrim Marion, 1982. "The Transmission of Disturbances under Alternative Exchange-Rate Regimes with Optimal Indexing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 43-66.
- Robert P. Flood & Nancy Peregrim Marion, 1980. "The Transmission of Disturbances under Alternative Exchange-Rate Regimeswith Optimal Indexing," NBER Working Papers 0500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Ronald E. Findlay & Carlos Alfredo Rodriguez, 1977. "Intermediate Imports and Macroeconomic Policy under Flexible Exchange Rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 208-17, May.
- Branson, William H. & Katseli-Papaefstratiou, Louka T., 1980. "Income instability, terms of trade, and the choice of exchange rate regime," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 49-69, February.
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Buiter, Willem H, 1978. "Short-run and Long-run Effects of External Disturbances under a Floating Exchange Rate," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(179), pages 251-72, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:0501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.