On the origins of the Triffin dilemma: Empirical business cycle analysis and imperfect competition theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2010. "Did France Cause the Great Depression?," NBER Working Papers 16350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivo Maes, 2002. "Economic Thought and the Making of European Monetary Union," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2515, April.
- Paul Mandy, 2005. "L'héritage de Léon-H. Dupriez : un survol," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 11-30.
- Ivo Maes, 2010. "A century of macroeconomic and monetary thought at the National Bank of Belgium," Working Paper Research 188, National Bank of Belgium.
- Ivo Maes & Erik Buyst, 2005. "Migration and Americanization: The special case of Belgian economics," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 73-88.
- F. W. Taussig, 1917. "International Trade Under Depreciated Paper. A Contribution to Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(3), pages 380-403.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 2012.
"Exorbitant Privilege: The Rise and Fall of the Dollar,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199642472.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 2011. "Exorbitant Privilege: The Rise and Fall of the Dollar," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199596713.
- Rebeca Gomez Betancourt, 2010. "Edwin Walter Kemmerer and the origins of the Federal Reserve System," Post-Print halshs-00559631, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsTriffin; Bretton Woods; international liquidity; business cycle theory; imperfect competition theory;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbb:reswpp:201212-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bnbgvbe.html .