Effects Of Foreign Banks Entry On Bank Performance In The Cee Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glass, Amy Jocelyn & Saggi, Kamal, 1998. "International technology transfer and the technology gap," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 369-398, April.
- Williams, Barry, 1997. " Positive Theories of Multinational Banking: Eclectic Theory versus Internalisation Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Gruben, William C. & Koo, Jahyeong & Moore, Robert R., 1999.
"When does financial liberalization make banks risky? an empirical examination of Argentina, Canada and Mexico,"
9905, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- William C. Gruben & Jahyeong Koo & Robert R. Moore, 1999. "When does financial liberalization make banks risky? : an empirical examination of Argentina, Canada and Mexico," Center for Latin America Working Papers 0399, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Williams, Barry, 2003. "Domestic and international determinants of bank profits: Foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1185-1210, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Unite, Angelo A. & Sullivan, Michael J., 2003. "The effect of foreign entry and ownership structure on the Philippine domestic banking market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2323-2345, December.
- Levine, Ross, 2001. "International Financial Liberalization and Economic Growth," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 688-702, November.
- Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels, 2004. "The short-term effects of foreign bank entry on domestic bank behaviour: Does economic development matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 553-568, March.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Lozano-Vivas, Ana & Pastor, Jesús, 2000. "Cross-border performance in European banking," Research Discussion Papers 24/2000, Bank of Finland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2007:i:14:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Soledad Martinez Peria, Maria, 2008. "Foreign bank acquisitions and outreach : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4467, The World Bank.
- Driton Balaj, 2010. "The Impact of Foreign Banks Presence on the Performance of Domestic Banks in Kosovo during the Period 2001-2007," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 4(4), pages 87-103, December.
- David Liebeg & Markus Schwaiger, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Interest Margins in Central and Eastern Europe," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 14, pages 68-84.
- Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2007. "Foreign bank participation and crises in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4128, The World Bank.
- Muhammad AZAM & Sana SIDDIQUI, 2012. "Domestic and Foreign Banks’ Profitability:Differences and Their Determinants," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(1), pages 33-40.
- Bojana Radovanovic & Dragan Filimonovic, 2011. "Mergers and Acquisitions in Banking Sector: The Case of Western Balkan Countries," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-12-20 (European Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2004-12-27 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtk:febawb:33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Reino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/febutee.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.