Short-Term Effects of Foreign Bank Entry on Bank Performance in Selected CEE Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Barry, 1997. " Positive Theories of Multinational Banking: Eclectic Theory versus Internalisation Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 71-100, March.
- John P. Bonin & Kálmán Mizsei & István P. Székely & Paul Wachtel, 1998. "Banking in Transition Economies," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1286.
- B. Gerard Dages & Linda S. Goldberg & Daniel Kinney, 2000.
"Foreign and domestic bank participation in emerging markets: lessons from Mexico and Argentina,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 17-36.
- Linda Goldberg & B. Gerard Dages & Daniel Kinney, 2000. "Foreign and Domestic Bank Participation in Emerging Markets: Lessons from Mexico and Argentina," NBER Working Papers 7714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Gruben, William C. & Koo, Jahyeong & Moore, Robert R., 1999.
"When does financial liberalization make banks risky? an empirical examination of Argentina, Canada and Mexico,"
9905, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- William C. Gruben & Jahyeong Koo & Robert R. Moore, 1999. "When does financial liberalization make banks risky? : an empirical examination of Argentina, Canada and Mexico," Center for Latin America Working Papers 0399, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Williams, Barry, 2003. "Domestic and international determinants of bank profits: Foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1185-1210, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Unite, Angelo A. & Sullivan, Michael J., 2003. "The effect of foreign entry and ownership structure on the Philippine domestic banking market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2323-2345, December.
- Levine, Ross, 2001. "International Financial Liberalization and Economic Growth," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 688-702, November.
- Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels, 2004. "The short-term effects of foreign bank entry on domestic bank behaviour: Does economic development matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 553-568, March.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 1999.
"Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 2000. "Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Caprio, Gerard & Honohan, Patrick, 2001. "Finance for Growth: Policy Choices in a Volatile World," MPRA Paper 9929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Lozano-Vivas, Ana & Pastor, Jesús, 2000. "Cross-border performance in European banking," Research Discussion Papers 24/2000, Bank of Finland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Liebeg & Markus Schwaiger, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Interest Margins in Central and Eastern Europe," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 14, pages 68-84.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign bank entry; financial development; domestic banking;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2005-07-18 (European Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2005-07-18 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-07-18 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2005-07-18 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eea:boewps:wp2005-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peeter Luikmel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/epgovee.html .