Nonlinear Regression with Harris Recurrent Markov Chains
In this paper, we study parametric nonlinear regression under the Harris recurrent Markov chain framework. We first consider the nonlinear least squares estimators of the parameters in the homoskedastic case, and establish asymptotic theory for the proposed estimators. Our results show that the convergence rates for the estimators rely not only on the properties of the nonlinear regression function, but also on the number of regenerations for the Harris recurrent Markov chain. We also discuss the estimation of the parameter vector in a conditional volatility function and its asymptotic theory. Furthermore, we apply our results to the nonlinear regression with I(1) processes and establish an asymptotic distribution theory which is comparable to that obtained by Park and Phillips (2001). Some simulation studies are provided to illustrate the proposed approaches and results.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 11E, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 99052489
Fax: +61 3 99055474
Web page: http://business.monash.edu/econometrics-and-business-statistics
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://business.monash.edu/econometrics-and-business-statistics Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Joon Y & Phillips, Peter C B, 2001.
"Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 117-61, January.
- Joon Y. Park & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1998. "Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1190, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Joon Y. Park & Peter C. B. Phillips, 1999. "Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series," Working Paper Series no6, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Liang Peng, 2003. "Least absolute deviations estimation for ARCH and GARCH models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 967-975, December.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2009.
"Structural Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(6), pages 1901-1948, November.
- Park, Joon Y. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 1999.
"Asymptotics For Nonlinear Transformations Of Integrated Time Series,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 269-298, June.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998. "Asymptotics for Nonlinear Transformations of Integrated Time Series," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1182, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jiti Gao & Degui Li & Dag Tjostheim, 2009.
"Uniform Consistency for Nonparametric Estimators in Null Recurrent Time Series,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2009-26, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Gao, Jiti & Kanaya, Shin & Li, Degui & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2015. "Uniform Consistency For Nonparametric Estimators In Null Recurrent Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(05), pages 911-952, October.
- Jiti Gao & Shin Kanaya & Degui Li & Dag Tjøstheim, 2013. "Uniform Consistency for Nonparametric Estimators in Null Recurrent Time Series," CREATES Research Papers 2013-29, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Jiti Gao & Degui Li & Dag Tjøstheim, 2011. "Uniform Consistency for Nonparametric Estimators in Null Recurrent Time Series," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Terasvirta, Timo & Tjostheim, Dag & Granger, Clive W. J., 2010. "Modelling Nonlinear Economic Time Series," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199587155, December.
- Myklebust, Terje & Karlsen, Hans Arnfinn & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2012. "Null Recurrent Unit Root Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 1-41, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2012-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.