Uniform Consistency for Nonparametric Estimators in Null Recurrent Time Series
This paper establishes uniform consistency results for nonparametric kernel density and regression estimators when time series regressors concerned are nonstationary null recurrent Markov chains. Under suitable regularity conditions, we derive uniform convergence rates of the estimators. Our results can be viewed as a nonstationary extension of some well-known uniform consistency results for stationary time series.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Jia & Li, Degui & Zhang, Lixin, 2010. "Robust estimation in a nonlinear cointegration model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 706-717, March.
- Wang, Qiying & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009.
"Asymptotic Theory For Local Time Density Estimation And Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 710-738, June.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006. "Asymptotic Theory for Local Time Density Estimation and Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1594, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gao, Jiti & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yin, Jiying, 2013.
"Estimation in threshold autoregressive models with a stationary and a unit root regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 1-13.
- Jiti Gao & Dag Tjøstheim & Jiying Yin, 2011. "Estimation in threshold autoregressive models with a stationary and a unit root regime," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 21/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Kristensen, Dennis, 2009.
"Uniform Convergence Rates Of Kernel Estimators With Heterogeneous Dependent Data,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(05), pages 1433-1445, October.
- Dennis Kristensen, 2008. "Uniform Convergence Rates of Kernel Estimators with Heterogenous, Dependent Data," CREATES Research Papers 2008-37, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2009.
"Structural Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(6), pages 1901-1948, November.
- Cai, Zongwu & Li, Qi & Park, Joon Y., 2009. "Functional-coefficient models for nonstationary time series data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 101-113, February.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 2008. "Uniform Convergence Rates For Kernel Estimation With Dependent Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 726-748, June.
- Gao, Jiti, 2007. "Nonlinear time series: semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 39563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2007.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1995. "Nonparametric Kernel Estimation for Semiparametric Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 560-586, June.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2009. "Semiparametric Regression Estimation in Null Recurrent Nonlinear Time Series," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Jiti Gao & Maxwell King & Zudi Lu & Dag TjÃ¸stheim, 2009.
"Nonparametric Specification Testing for Nonlinear Time Series with Nonstationarity,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2009-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell & Lu, Zudi & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2009. "Nonparametric Specification Testing For Nonlinear Time Series With Nonstationarity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(06), pages 1869-1892, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998. "Nonstationary Density Estimation and Kernel Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1181, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Roussas, George G., 1990. "Nonparametric regression estimation under mixing conditions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 107-116, October.
- Bandi, Federico & Moloche, Guillermo, 2008. "On the functional estimation of multivariate diffusion processes," MPRA Paper 43681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:create:2013-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.