Money, Growth and Finite Horizons
The implications of endogenous labor supply for money superneutrality in OLG economies are analyzed. Inflation increases capital and output, while it affects labor ambiguously in a closed economy. Inflation reduces capital and output, but stimulates wealth in an open economy.
|Date of creation:||08 Jul 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via De Sanctis, 86100 Campobasso|
Web page: http://www.unimol.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hahn, Frank, 1990. "On Inflation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 15-25, Winter.
- Drazen, Allan, 1981. "Inflation and capital accumulation under a finite horizon," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 247-260.
- Van Der Ploeg, Frederick & Marini, Giancarlo, 1988. "Finite horizons and the non-neutrality of money," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 57-61.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Solow, Robert M., 1990. "Money, inflation and growth," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 223-261 Elsevier.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985.
"Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1984. "Debt, Deficits and Finite Horizons," NBER Working Papers 1389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K, 1992. "Alternative Approaches to Money and Growth," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(4), pages 553-562, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mol:ecsdps:esdp04018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.