Clean Energy Industries and Rare Earth Materials: Economic and Financial Issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aloui, Chaker & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Njeh, Hassen, 2012. "Assessing the impacts of oil price fluctuations on stock returns in emerging markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2686-2695.
- Chen, Shiu-Sheng, 2009. "Predicting the bear stock market: Macroeconomic variables as leading indicators," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Gulnur Muradog Lu & Kivilcim Metin & Reha Argac, 2001. "Is there a long run relationship between stock returns and monetary variables: evidence from an emerging market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 641-649.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2012. "Correlations and volatility spillovers between oil prices and the stock prices of clean energy and technology companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 248-255.
- Fisher, Franklin M, 1970. "Tests of Equality Between Sets of Coefficients in Two Linear Regressions: An Expository Note," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 361-366, March.
- Sadorsky, Perry & Henriques, Irene, 2001. "Multifactor risk and the stock returns of Canadian paper and forest products companies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 199-208, November.
- Mo, Jian-Lei & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2012. "The impact of the EU ETS on the corporate value of European electricity corporations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 3-11.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2001. "Risk factors in stock returns of Canadian oil and gas companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 17-28, January.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke & Matsuda, Akimi, 2012. "Stock prices of clean energy firms, oil and carbon markets: A vector autoregressive analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 215-226.
- Massari, Stefania & Ruberti, Marcello, 2013. "Rare earth elements as critical raw materials: Focus on international markets and future strategies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 36-43.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. "Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Ewing, Bradley T. & Thompson, Mark A., 2007. "Dynamic cyclical comovements of oil prices with industrial production, consumer prices, unemployment, and stock prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5535-5540, November.
- Filis, George, 2010. "Macro economy, stock market and oil prices: Do meaningful relationships exist among their cyclical fluctuations?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 877-886, July.
- Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 2008. "Oil prices and the stock prices of alternative energy companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 998-1010, May.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riesgo García, María Victoria & Krzemień, Alicja & Manzanedo del Campo, Miguel Ángel & Menéndez Álvarez, Mario & Gent, Malcolm Richard, 2017. "Rare earth elements mining investment: It is not all about China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 66-76.
- Pavel, Claudiu C. & Lacal-Arántegui, Roberto & Marmier, Alain & Schüler, Doris & Tzimas, Evangelos & Buchert, Matthias & Jenseit, Wolfgang & Blagoeva, Darina, 2017. "Substitution strategies for reducing the use of rare earths in wind turbines," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 349-357.
- Baldi, Lucia & Peri, Massimo & Vandone, Daniela, 2016. "Stock markets’ bubbles burst and volatility spillovers in agricultural commodity markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 277-285.
- Apergis, Emmanuel & Apergis, Nicholas, 2017. "The role of rare earth prices in renewable energy consumption: The actual driver for a renewable energy world," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 33-42.
- A. Mateus & C. Lopes & L. Martins & J. Carvalho, 2017. "Towards a multi-dimensional methodology supporting a safeguarding decision on the future access to mineral resources," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 30(3), pages 229-255, October.
- Lundgren, Amanda Ivarsson & Milicevic, Adriana & Uddin, Gazi Salah & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2018. "Connectedness network and dependence structure mechanism in green investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 145-153.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Baldi, Lucia & Peri, Massimo & Vandone, Daniela, 2014. "Clean energy industries and rare earth materials: Economic and financial issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 53-61.
- Baldi, Lucia & Peri, Massimo & Vandone, Daniela, 2013. "Clean Energy Industries and rare Earth Materials: Economic and Financial Issues," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164750, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Gupta, Kartick, 2017. "Do economic and societal factors influence the financial performance of alternative energy firms?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 172-182.
- Zhang, Guofu & Du, Ziping, 2017. "Co-movements among the stock prices of new energy, high-technology and fossil fuel companies in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 249-256.
- Massimo PERI & Daniela VANDONE & Lucia BALDI, 2014. "Water, Food, Energy: Searching for the Economic Nexus," Departmental Working Papers 2014-03, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Inchauspe, Julian & Ripple, Ronald D. & Trück, Stefan, 2015. "The dynamics of returns on renewable energy companies: A state-space approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 325-335.
- Stavros Degiannakis, George Filis, and Vipin Arora, 2018.
"Oil Prices and Stock Markets: A Review of the Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 5).
- Stavros Degiannakis & George Filis & Vipin Arora, 2018. "Oil prices and stock markets: A review of the theory and empirical evidence," BAFES Working Papers BAFES22, Department of Accounting, Finance & Economic, Bournemouth University.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Filis, George & Arora, Vipin, 2018. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: A Review of the Theory and Empirical Evidence," MPRA Paper 96270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asl, Mahdi Ghaemi & Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M., 2021.
"Dynamic asymmetric optimal portfolio allocation between energy stocks and energy commodities: Evidence from clean energy and oil and gas companies,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Mahdi Ghaemi Asl & Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2020. "Dynamic Asymmetric Optimal Portfolio Allocation between Energy Stocks and Energy Commodities: Evidence from Clean Energy and Oil and Gas Companies," Working papers 2020-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Smyth, Russell & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2018. "What do we know about oil prices and stock returns?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 148-156.
- Morema, Kgotso & Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo, 2018. "The impact of oil and gold price fluctuations on the South African equity market: volatility spillovers and implications for portfolio management," MPRA Paper 87637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peri, Massimo & Vandone, Daniela & Baldi, Lucia, 2014. "Worldwide Evidences in the Relationships between Agriculture, Energy and Water Sectors," 2014 International European Forum, February 17-21, 2014, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 199346, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Raymond Swaray & Afees A. Salisu, 2017. "The impact of crude oil prices on stock prices of oil firms: Should upstream-downstream dichotomy in supply chain be ignored?," Working Papers 021, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Zhang, Hao & Cai, Guixin & Yang, Dongxiao, 2020. "The impact of oil price shocks on clean energy stocks: Fresh evidence from multi-scale perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C).
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi, 2011. "Does crude oil move stock markets in Europe? A sector investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1716-1725, July.
- Swaray, Raymond & Salisu, Afees A., 2018. "A firm-level analysis of the upstream-downstream dichotomy in the oil-stock nexus," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 199-218.
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Rahman, Md Lutfur & Hedström, Axel & Ahmed, Ali, 2019. "Cross-quantilogram-based correlation and dependence between renewable energy stock and other asset classes," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 743-759.
- Yen-Hsien Lee & Ya-Ling Huang & Chun-Yu Wu, 2013. "Conditional Jump Dynamics in the Stock Prices of Alternative Energy Companies," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 288-296.
- Wen, Xiaoqian & Guo, Yanfeng & Wei, Yu & Huang, Dengshi, 2014. "How do the stock prices of new energy and fossil fuel companies correlate? Evidence from China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 63-75.
- David C. Broadstock, Ying Fan, Qiang Ji, and Dayong Zhang, 2016. "Shocks and Stocks: A Bottom-up Assessment of the Relationship Between Oil Prices, Gasoline Prices and the Returns of Chinese Firms," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(China Spe).
- Rehman, Mobeen Ur & Vo, Xuan Vinh, 2020. "Do alternative energy markets provide optimal alternative investment opportunities?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
More about this item
KeywordsClean energy; rare earth materials; stock prices;
All these keywords.
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q33 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Resource Booms (Dutch Disease)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- E39 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2013-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.