Subcontracting dynamics and economic development: A study on textile and engineering industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yossef Spiegel, 1993. "Horizontal Subcontracting," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 570-590, Winter.
- A E Clarke, 1994. "Spatial Linkages and Subcontracting Relationships among High-Technology Industries in the Northeast Ohio Region," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 26(10), pages 1579-1603, October.
- Gonzalez-Diaz, Manuel & Arrunada, Benito & Fernandez, Alberto, 2000.
"Causes of subcontracting: evidence from panel data on construction firms,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 167-187, June.
- Manuel González & Benito Arruñada & Alberto Fernández, 1999. "Causes of subcontracting: Evidence from panel data on construction firms," Economics Working Papers 428, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Christerson, Brad & Appelbaum, Richard P., 1995. "Global and local subcontracting: Space, ethnicity, and the organization of apparel production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1363-1374, August.
- A E Clarke, 1994. "Spatial linkages and subcontracting relationships among high-technology industries in the Northeast Ohio region," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(10), pages 1579-1603, October.
- Richard Arena & Joël-Thomas Ravix & P.M Romani, 1992. "Firm, coopération and subcontracting," Post-Print halshs-00469059, HAL.
- Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, Giovanni & Fukao, Kyoji, 2001. "Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 189-208, January.
- Kelley, Maryellen R. & Harrison, Bennett, 1990. "The subcontracting behavior of single vs. multiplant enterprises in US manufacturing: Implications for economic development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(9), pages 1273-1294, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanda Renko & Alica Grilec Kauric & Mario Lesina, 2014. "Dealing With Crisis: Using Subcontracting For The Development Of The Croatian Leather Manufacturing And Processing Industry," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 10, pages 463-474.
- Joaquín Andaluz, 2008. "Vertical product differentiation with subcontracting," Documentos de Trabajo dt2008-01, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
More about this item
KeywordsSubcontracting; firm cooperation; vertical integration;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:met:wpaper:0108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Erol Taymaz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .