Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1996. "Trade policy subtleties with multinational firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1605-1627, November.
- Kyoji Fukao & Toshiyasu Izawa & Morio Kuninori & Toru Nakakita, 1994.
"R&D Investment and Overseas Production: An Empirical Analysis of Japan's Electric machinery Industry Based on Corporate Data,"
Discussion Paper Series
a300, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kyoji Fukao & Toshiyasu Izawa & Morio Kuninori & Toru Nakakita, 1994. "R&D Investment and Overseas Production: An Empirical Analysis of Japan's Electric Machinery Industry Based on Corporate Data," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 12(2), pages 1-60, December.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1991. "Japanese Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 3737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yumiko Okamoto, 1999. "Multinationals, production efficiency, and spillover effects: The case of the U.S. auto parts industry," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 241-260, June.
- Brian Aitken & Gordon H. Hanson & Ann E. Harrison, 1994.
"Spillovers, Foreign Investment, and Export Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
4967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, Brian & Hanson, Gordon H. & Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Spillovers, foreign investment, and export behavior," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 103-132, August.
- Aitken, B. & Hanson, G.H. & Harrison, A.E., 1994. "Spillovers, Foreign Investment and Export Behavior," Papers 95-06, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Dieter Ernst, 1997. "Partners for the China Circle? The Asian Production Networks of Japanese Electronics Firms," DRUID Working Papers 97-3, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Masaaki Kotabe & Glenn S Omura, 1989. "Sourcing Strategies of European and Japanese Multinationals: A Comparison," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 20(1), pages 113-130, March.
- Belderbos, Rene & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 1996. "Japanese Firms and the Decision to Invest Abroad: Business Groups and Regional Core Networks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 214-20, May.
- Lim, Linda Y. C. & Fong, Pang Eng, 1982. "Vertical linkages and multinational enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(7), pages 585-595, July.
- Richardson, Martin, 1993. "Content Protection with Foreign Capital," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 103-17, January.
- Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid, 1999. "Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1503-1514, September.
- René Belderbos, 1997. "Antidumping and tariff Jumping: Japanese firms’ DFI in the European union and the United States," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 419-457, September.
- Kelegama, Saman & Foley, Fritz, 1999. "Impediments to Promoting Backward Linkages from the Garment Industry in Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1445-1460, August.
- Brannon, Jefferey T. & James, Dilmus D. & Lucker, G. William, 1994. "Generating and sustaining backward linkages between maquiladoras and local suppliers in Northern Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1933-1945, December.
- Asanuma, Banri & Kikutani, Tatsuya, 1992. "Risk absorption in Japanese subcontracting: A microeconometric study of the automobile industry," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Lowe, Nichola & Kenney, Martin, 1999. "Foreign Investment and the Global Geography of Production: Why the Mexican Consumer Electronics Industry Failed," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1427-1443, August.
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki, 1995. "Changing Subcontracting Relations and Risk-sharing in Japan: An Econometric Analysis of the Automobile Industry," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 36(2), pages 207-218, December.
- P N O'Farrell & B O'Loughlin, 1981. "New industry input linkages in Ireland: an econometric analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(3), pages 285-308, March.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Hackett, Steven C. & Srinivasan, Krishna, 1998. "Do supplier switching costs differ across Japanese and US multinational firms?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 13-32, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:29:y:2001:i:1:p:189-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.