What'S Space Got To Do With It? Distance And Agricultural Productivity Before The Railway Age
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olmstead, Alan L. & Rhode, Paul W., 2001. "Reshaping The Landscape: The Impact And Diffusion Of The Tractor In American Agriculture, 1910 1960," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(03), pages 663-698, September.
- John O’Neill, 2009. "Market," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economics and Ethics, chapter 42 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- J. A. Chartres, 1977. "Road Carrying in England in the Seventeenth Century: Myth and Reality," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 30(1), pages 73-94, February.
- Allen, Robert C., 1988. "The growth of labor productivity in early modern English agriculture," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 117-146, April.
- Crafts, N. F. R., 1987. "British economic growth, 1700-1850; some difficulties of interpretation," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 245-268, July.
- Robert C. Allen, 2003. "Progress and poverty in early modern Europe," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 56(3), pages 403-443, August.
- Grantham, George W., 1980. "The Persistence of Open-Field Farming in Nineteenth-Century France," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(03), pages 515-531, September.
- F. M. L. Thompson, 1976. "Nineteenth-Century Horse Sense," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 29(1), pages 60-81, February.
- John Komlos & Richard Landes, 1991.
"Anachronistic economics: grain storage in medieval England,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 44(1), pages 36-45, February.
- John Komlos & Richard Landes, "undated". "Anachronistic Economics: Grain Storage in Medieval England," Articles by John Komlos 23, Department of Economics, University of Munich.
- Michael Turner, 1982. "Agricultural Productivity in England in the Eighteenth Century: Evidence from Crop Yields," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 35(4), pages 489-510, November.
- van Zanden, Jan L., 1999. "Wages and the standard of living in Europe, 1500 1800," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 175-197, August.
- A. S. Kussmaul, 1981. "The Ambiguous Mobility of Farm Servants," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 34(2), pages 222-235, May.
- Munro, John H., 2004.
"Spanish Merino wools and the Nouvelles Draperies: an industrial transformation in the late-medieval Low Countries,"
15808, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Mar 2005.
- John H. A. Munro, 2005. "Spanish Merino Wools and the Nouvelles Draperies: An Industrial Transformation in the Late-Medieval Low Countries," Working Papers munro-04-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:jechis:v:61:y:2002:i:03:p:663-698_03 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-05-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2010-05-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2010-05-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2010-05-29 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcl:mclwop:2010-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shama Rangwala) or (Candi Patterson) or (Katrina Wingle). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demcgca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.