Retail Ratios in the Netherlands, c. 1670 - c. 1815
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ogilvie, Sheilagh, 2010.
"Consumption, Social Capital, and the “Industrious Revolution” in Early Modern Germany,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(02), pages 287-325, June.
- Ogilvie, S., 2009. "Consumption, Social Capital, and the ‘Industrious Revolution’ in Early Modern Germany," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0943, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ogilvie,Sheilagh, 2011. "Institutions and European Trade," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521764179, November.
- Jon Stobart & Andrew Hann, 2004. "Retailing Revolution in the Eighteenth Century? Evidence from North-West England," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 171-194.
- de Vries,Jan & van der Woude,Ad, 1997. "The First Modern Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521570619, December.
- de Vries,Jan & van der Woude,Ad, 1997. "The First Modern Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521578257, December.
- Ogilvie, Sheilagh & Edwards, Jeremy, 2000. "Women and the “Second Serfdom”: Evidence from Early Modern Bohemia," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(04), pages 961-994, December.
- Bruno Blondé & Ilja Van Damme, 2010. "Retail growth and consumer changes in a declining urban economy: Antwerp (1650-1750)," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 63(3), pages 638-663, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van den Heuvel, Danielle & Ogilvie, Sheilagh, 2013. "Retail development in the consumer revolution: The Netherlands, c. 1670–c. 1815," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 69-87.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail Consumer revolution; Netherlands; Women; Guilds; Agglomeration economies; Agrarian structure;
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N73 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N93 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmh:wpaper:02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Price). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dhcamuk.html .