Retail growth and consumer changes in a declining urban economy: Antwerp (1650-1750)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jon Stobart & Andrew Hann, 2004. "Retailing Revolution in the Eighteenth Century? Evidence from North-West England," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 171-194.
- Nicholas Alexander & Gary Akehurst, 1998. "Introduction: The Emergence of Modern Retailing, 1750-1950," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1-15.
- Christina Fowler, 1998. "Changes in Provincial Retail Practice during the Eighteenth Century, with Particular Reference to Central-Southern England," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 37-54.
- Donald Woodward, 1985. "“Swords into Ploughshares”: Recycling in Pre-Industrial England," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 38(2), pages 175-191, May.
- Dries Lyna & Ilja Van Damme, 2009. "A strategy of seduction? The role of commercial advertisements in the eighteenth-century retailing business of Antwerp," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(1), pages 100-121.
- Berger, Ronald M., 1980. "The Development of Retail Trade in Provincial England, ca. 1550–1700," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 123-128, March.
- Patrick Wallis, 2008. "Consumption, retailing, and medicine in early-modern London," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 61(1), pages 26-53, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2012. "Retail Ratios in the Netherlands, c. 1670 - c. 1815," Working Papers 2, Department of Economic and Social History at the University of Cambridge, revised 01 Jan 2012.
- van den Heuvel, Danielle & Ogilvie, Sheilagh, 2013. "Retail development in the consumer revolution: The Netherlands, c. 1670–c. 1815," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 69-87.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ehsrev:v:63:y:2010:i:3:p:638-663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ehsukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.